Does this cab look approachable to you?

Stevie The magic Unicorn

But, that word "TAXI" on the sign near where your cab is parked. Is it an anagram or code for something?

Very funny...

The space between the two taxi signs is our domain, we pay a stupid amount of money to the cab company who pays a stupid amount of money for the right to park between those two taxi signs.

Pre-covid there was 4 taxis on the curb with the 8-10 more queued up out in the parking lot in a digital queue to move up to the curb.

Uber/lyft have a spot for pickups but they can't queue this close to the entrance. I literally walk up to the guys doing the temp screening and ask them stupid questions about when the park closes ect.

Uber/lyft pickup is in front of that building in the background.

Jst1dreamr

Ok guys...

really do you think my cab looks shady or like a reputable company here?

View attachment 513760

Does this car look like a respectable vehicle or like a ghetto beater?

also why the hell do people keep on thinking they need to do something to get a ride from me here?

“do I need to call for a reservation? Are you here to pick someone up?”

eternally face palming here...

(Yes this spot)

This is one of my favorite spots at Disney world to get fares lately. I got 5 (or 6 I lost count) here tuesday.
You need to walk back there and tell those cops to get the hell away from your parking area. Tell them they are making you potential customers nervous.

Stevie The magic Unicorn

You need to walk back there and tell those cops to get the hell away from your parking area. Tell them they are making you potential customers nervous.

LOL...
sure..

and that''s just where they park to do their patrols at the entrance, and to respond inside the park. (So it doesn't take half an hour for them to respond to an incident.

The police spots start directly behind us. They are also marked for Sheriff as well.

But yeah this is the primo spot that right before/after the start of the screening area on the curb as close as you can possibly get a car to the entrance.

Another Uber Driver

I would ride that cab. It looks better than most of the Uber cars that I have received, lately. Where I live in the District of Columbia, it always has been hard to get a cab, so I am stuck with UberX. I always try Curb or Uber Taxi, first, but, I do not get one, as a rule. On the way back, I usually hail a cab.

When I drove taxi, I would get potential riders walk up and say, "Are you free?"
I would say, "No, I'm not free, but I'm available"

At one point, I had a whole catalogue of smart-[donkey] answers to such passenger queries.

"Are you free?"
"No, Sir, I cost money. Did you want a ride?"

(from a nice looking lady) "Are you available?"
"Are you married?"

"Can I take this cab to the Dirksen Building?"
"No, Sir, you can not take this cab anywhere. It belongs to me. You can, however, ride this cab to the Dirksen Building."

"Are you a cab?"
"Mademoiselle, please, I know that I could stand to lose a little weight, but let us be charitable, shall we? I am driving a cab, I am not one."

"Do you know how to get to Nationals Park?"
"Of course I know how to get there; Sir, please, this is a TAXI, not Lyft"

(open job, confirm address with passenger)

"It's off Connecticut Avenue."
"Actually, mademoiselle, it is off Utah Avenue. Remember, you chose Uber Taxi, not UberX."

Invisible

Yes your cab looks approachable. And it looks way better than taxi’s I’ve taken or seen. And I like the color for a taxi since it stands out. In my old city, theres a taxi service that’s called Yellow Taxi, but the taxis are now black. It annoys me when I’d see that.

UberBastid

The first, the very first cab I ever drove was ... number 12 Yellow. Or 12Y on the radio. It was a 1977 Crown Victoria Station wagon.
I did airport runs up the butt ... could carry as much as a bus, LoL.
She was a beast, but a smooth ride. Needed to know how to 'coax' her around a 45 degree turn at 50 mph. She'd do it, but you could not insist; better to seduce.

1602214042093.png

Drove her Thurs, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 6pm to 6am in San Francisco from 1978 to 1980 or so. It is a time of my life that I'll never forget or regret. A fog lots of it. I saw a lot. I did a lot. Some that I hope never comes to light ...

Ramblings of an old man.

Ubercadabra

Ok guys...

View attachment 513760

also why the hell do people keep on thinking they need to do something to get a ride from me here?

(Yes this spot)

This is one of my favorite spots at Disney world to get fares lately. I got 5 (or 6 I lost count) here tuesday.

Would you approach this cab ?
:biggrin:

5992A59B-0C99-4113-BC77-95ACEC143469.jpeg

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Ok guys...

View attachment 513760

(Yes this spot)

The pie shaped Halloween ad! I hated the ads when we had them.

1995flyingspur

The first, the very first cab I ever drove was ... number 12 Yellow. Or 12Y on the radio. It was a 1977 Crown Victoria Station wagon.
I did airport runs up the butt ... could carry as much as a bus, LoL.
She was a beast, but a smooth ride. Needed to know how to 'coax' her around a 45 degree turn at 50 mph. She'd do it, but you could not insist; better to seduce.

View attachment 513919

Drove her Thurs, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 6pm to 6am in San Francisco from 1978 to 1980 or so. It is a time of my life that I'll never forget or regret. A fog lots of it. I saw a lot. I did a lot. Some that I hope never comes to light ...

Ramblings of an old man.
You're a true old school hack!
There's a kind of experience that goes with people hopping in the car with an address and no GPS to look to.

Just imagine that, people getting in the car and giving you an address, expecting you to immediately start driving. That must have been so nerve-wracking for the newer drivers.

Back before gps, the drivers at our company were considered new for the first 10 years or so.

We have guys in their 70s who've been doing this their whole lives and know every single Street in the county. Thousands and thousands of streets, of course they often need cross streets or landmarks but we are talking about old dudes here.

Stevie The magic Unicorn

You're a true old school hack!
There's a kind of experience that goes with people hopping in the car with an address and no GPS to look to.

Just imagine that, people getting in the car and giving you an address, expecting you to immediately start driving. That must have been so nerve-wracking for the newer drivers.

Back before gps, the drivers at our company were considered new for the first 10 years or so.

We have guys in their 70s who've been doing this their whole lives and know every single Street in the county. Thousands and thousands of streets, of course they often need cross streets or landmarks but we are talking about old dudes here.

I’ll never hit they point.

I can usually fake it at Disney world but generally only there. The big line I use for hotels is GPSing them to make sure I have the right hotel.

But people get really spooked at Disney when I just start driving no GPS and go right to there hotel.

gahh guys there’s signs up everywhere...

I can also go from anywhere on Disney property to anywhere on universal studios property Without gps but nowhere between the two.

I mean where I can go without using gps is still kinda limited but sometimes I can surprise the heck out of myself by pulling it off.

And I’ve been doing this quite a while and this is the best I can do...

Wildgoose

Ok guys...

View attachment 513760

(Yes this spot)

I rarely use Taxi Cab including Uber. I have had taken taxi ride twice in 16 years in staying US. Expensive than Uber ride. 4 times with Uber. So I am not familiar with riding hired taxi. People like me will think first it might be expensive ride. Second, now is App Based age, people like me think of I would need to use some kinds of App to book the service because your car looks too bright and too clean, way better than the looks of a Taxi. Third, your stage area is by Disney world. I would think that transportation is being operated by Disney world. So I would think of calling Disney world to reserve the booking.
Make your car look dirty or USE A SIGN of Available for people like me. :biggrin::biggrin:
P.S I won't care if a commercial car looks dirty or not for the ride back home from Disney. But definitely I would care to get there.

Last edited:

kc ub'ing!

Yes your cab looks totally approachable. I always wanted to tell you but didn’t feel as if I could approach you.