Does the app tell you when you're in time out?

Papa Sarducci

Open rider app, is your car next to the blue dot, if not you are in time out. Try going to the lUBEyeR Partner app and going offline and back on a few times, then check the rider app again, your car should re-appear.

Papa Sarducci

Wow, don't have that in my market yet, no pool either but I suspect it is coming. What kind of messed up logic is that, then again, surge makes Uber more money. What better way to drive up demand than take drivers offline for a while. Then they can blame the drivers if pax complain about it. I would stay offline for longer, wait for the surge to climb.

UberReallySucks

Wow, don't have that in my market yet, no pool either but I suspect it is coming. What kind of messed up logic is that, then again, surge makes Uber more money. What better way to drive up demand than take drivers offline for a while. Then they can blame the drivers if pax complain about it. I would stay offline for longer, wait for the surge to climb.
Oh it gets a lot worse:

You're waiting 30 min at the Airport pick up zone .... You finally got to 0 - 10 min for an airport pick up, then your ping comes from somewhere else away from the airport and it is a pool request with a very badly rated rider.

Naturally you ignore it. As a consequence, you get kicked out for 4 min.

Then you log back in after 4 min timeout to find yourself again @ 30 min wait for the airport.

.... with the possibility of that process repeating itself all over again!

Papa Sarducci

Oh it gets a lot worse:

You're waiting 30 min at the Airport pick up zone .... You finally got to 0 - 10 min for an airport pick up, then your ping comes from somewhere else away from the airport and it is a pool request with a very badly rated rider.

Then you log back in after 4 min timeout to find yourself again @ 30 min wait for the airport.

Ouch, and that is just for missing one ping? Uber is acting more and more like an employer every day. That sucks.

UberIsAllFubared

If you are in a high demand area, normally with surging going on, you can ignore more than 2 pings and still remain online. If you are in an area where there are lots of cars, and low demand, usually on the second consecutive ping ignore, you will be put on at least a 4 minute timeout.

UberIsAllFubared

Oh it gets a lot worse:

Before you got to the airport, did you ignore a ping there too? Even if it was the day before. This is usually the case. I have never seen just one ignored ping result in a time out. Must be aware of what happened before you got into the LAX queue. If for example, last night you ignored a ping just before calling it a night, then you go over to the pig pen the next day, and turn on the app in the morning, and you ignore the first ping, uber counts that as two consecutive and logs you out, and you are put in the back of the queue.

UberReallySucks

Before you got to the airport, did you ignore a ping there too? Even if it was the day before. This is usually the case. I have never seen just one ignored ping result in a time out. Must be aware of what happened before you got into the LAX queue. If for example, last night you ignored a ping just before calling it a night, then you go over to the pig pen the next day, and turn on the app in the morning, and you ignore the first ping, uber counts that as two consecutive and logs you out, and you are put in the back of the queue.
Nope. Just like you said in your post. It all depends on the situation .... too many cars = you get timed out after just 1 ignore.