Does surge even matter anymore?

SJTOSF

I worked all day yesterday for pride with 1.5x up to 2.5x/for rides all day continuously for 8 hours and barely made $200. I made that yesterday in southbay in same time frame. Also, before id make $200 easy in about 5 hours with less surge. Is there any changes that im not aware of? Thanks!

mjyousse

I'm surprised to hear that. It surged the whole day and it was quite busy. For me I didn't work but I kept checking and surge didn't go down. btw you opened this topic twice in a raw. You should delete the other one.

SJTOSF

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm surprised to hear that. It surged the whole day and it was quite busy. For me I didn't work but I kept checking and surge didn't go down. btw you opened this topic twice in a raw. You should delete the other one.

Do you know if base fare fees have dropped? That might be it. Also im new herelond not sure how to delete threads lol

Blue Poodle

I worked all day yesterday for pride with 1.5x up to 2.5x/for rides all day continuously for 8 hours and barely made $200. I made that yesterday in southbay in same time frame. Also, before id make $200 easy in about 5 hours with less surge. Is there any changes that im not aware of? Thanks!
Uh yeah, what changed was traffic was 2.5x slower.

dennis09

This is partly why I don't take short trips on 2x+. Especially when traffic is bad. That's a sucker move.

SRGuy

The majority of SF surge trips are short - folks are cheap and don't want to pay a premium when they're used to getting curb-to-curb for a fraction of the cost of a taxi.