• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Does sitting in a airport queue pay any more?

I_Like_Spam

Guess I am curious because I live near a airport and see 5-20 people waiting for a trip. Is there any difference in price? If not why would you sit a hour as it is not a very busy airport? Maybe if you are retired and meet some friends then I completely understand. I see guys at the coffee shop every am so at least when they are done they get enough for a coffe and something to get them out of the house though again was only curious if there was a airport surcharge.

In the taxicab racket, people liked airport trips because the customers were usually going some place. A "short" ride from the port was still $15 in Pittsburgh, often taking people to a classy hotel, people that like to tip. Get a trip to Monroeville (east of Pittsburgh would be $50 ,25 years ago, to downtown like $28.

fredbauer1953

Guess I am curious because I live near a airport and see 5-20 people waiting for a trip. Is there any difference in price? If not why would you sit a hour as it is not a very busy airport? Maybe if you are retired and meet some friends then I completely understand. I see guys at the coffee shop every am so at least when they are done they get enough for a coffe and something to get them out of the house though again was only curious if there was a airport surcharge.
I go to the airport when the queue is short and appears to be moving and/or if there is a surge. The airport is popular because you tend to get longer (more lucrative) rides. Less rides for more money makes the airport popular with some drivers. I agree with you, if I can't get in and out quickly I won't go into the queue.

Stevie The magic Unicorn

The taxis used to make a killing working the airport.

7-8 fares out of the airport got a cabbie like $130-after expenses.

10 fares could easily pay the driver $200 after expenses.

Now there’s Uber drivers waiting 2 hours for $10-20, minus costs.

reality is I never liked working the airport, you can sometimes wait way too long for a short trip.

Or as it is now, waiting entirely too long to get screwed over.

Youburr

Queue over here is for drivers who like to share bong hits with each other. Why else would folks be congregating while collecting less than minimum wage. You have to be high to sit in the queue.

Irish

I like working from my local airport. I may sit there an hour but I’d be doing that on my couch. If I get a short trip I get queue priority and get another trip. A lot of snowbirds so it’s working out for now.

Wolfgang Faust

There are apps, like flightaware .com and others to show you peak airport times

guess it depends “what” airport and city we are talking about and how long the que is.... in denver 80% of airport rides are long and profitable....and if you pull a short one you get a ride almost b4 getting back to the pen..all that said if there are 80 Uber’s in line I drive away

peteyvavs

It all depends on the airport, if it has high traffic then it is worth it, but if it’s a secondary airport then it usually is a waste of tim.