Does rating make a difference?

HuKo600RR

With out people trolling, I genuinely want to know if rating matters at all? I'm not talking about someone who is bearly hanging on before getting deactivated. Let's say some has a rating of 4.75 vs someone with 4.85
Is there any advantages of a higher rating?

citytypeofguy

For pax. NO. For drivers. YES. I don’t pickup pax under 4.6
picked up 4.2 last week and the girl went 45km
so you missing lots of long pings.
pax ratings mean nothing either man, drivers rate 1 star for no reason.
one driver i know rates 1 star for everyone
next driver i know rates 1 star to people who go far distance

some drivers like short trips.
i promise you lighten up on pax rating and take what ever and you Will earn more

oh ya, pax can email uber requesting for a rating refresh cause its causing them too much time waiting for a driver to accept, or they just open new account
3.9 rider is now 5 stars.

so you are rating racist lol

Jcewr17

With out people trolling, I genuinely want to know if rating matters at all? I'm not talking about someone who is bearly hanging on before getting deactivated. Let's say some has a rating of 4.75 vs someone with 4.85
Is there any advantages of a higher rating?
The way I see it, having a higher rating matters only for the sake of having peace of mind knowing you're far from deactivation and perhaps in the future if Uber ever plans to cut some drivers off they will surely keep the drivers with higher ratings/acceptance and cancellation ratio. Other than that, it doesn't really matter. It's just good to have a little piece of mind. It's one less thing to worry about while driving. (4.94 driver)

Mikek999

picked up 4.2 last week and the girl went 45km
so you missing lots of long pings.
pax ratings mean nothing either man, drivers rate 1 star for no reason.
one driver i know rates 1 star for everyone
next driver i know rates 1 star to people who go far distance

some drivers like short trips.
i promise you lighten up on pax rating and take what ever and you Will earn more

oh ya, pax can email uber requesting for a rating refresh cause its causing them too much time waiting for a driver to accept, or they just open new account
3.9 rider is now 5 stars.

so you are rating racist lol

Yea! Go work a week in south dallas and come back to me that pax ratings doesn’t matter. BTW we measure by the miles not KM in Dallas. Keep that in mind when you take those 300 lbs pax holes named Tamikia to McDonalds that’s only a mile away to get chicken nuggets and a small fry and Diet Coke with no ice. Of course they will also want you to wait for them to then drive them to the 7-11 so that they can get baby wipes and a six pack of colt 45, then back home before child perfection services notices they left a 3 year old unattended. And when you enter her apartment complex with gated community with gate always open, broken, and dented. She’ll be telling you to just pull up a little closer... near the dumpster... next to the El Camino with a flat tire. “NO NOT HERE! Further up!” (BIG SIGH) “Here, Just let me out... I’ll walk the extra three feet”

Jcewr17

5CD814E2-E816-4A9F-9DEC-E6F98EF3AC0E-1739-00000344BCD9B089.gif
Yea! Go work a week in south dallas and come back to me that pax ratings doesn’t matter. BTW we measure by the miles not KM in Dallas. Keep that in mind when you take those 300 lbs pax holes named Tamikia to McDonalds that’s only a mile away to get chicken nuggets and a small fry and Diet Coke with no ice. Of course they will also want you to wait for them to then drive them to the 7-11 so that they can get baby wipes and a six pack of colt 45, then back home before child perfection services notices they left a 3 year old unattended. And when you enter her apartment complex with gated community with gate always open, broken, and dented. She’ll be telling you to just pull up a little closer... near the dumpster... next to the El Camino with a flat tire. “NO NOT HERE! Further up!” (BIG SIGH) “Here, Just let me out... I’ll walk the extra three feet”

UberSmash79

Lmao... The attention to detail in your story made my night. I feel for you, we have our share of those pax as well.

citytypeofguy

no offense. if you doing stops, thats some newbie sheit lol. if you are doing mcdonalds runs and 7-11 stops.... LOL
I dont make no stops for anyone unless I am compensated with cash on the spot, or its strict A to B buddy!
I tell them in a polite and professional manner. most understand or recommend to be dropped at store.
NO DRIVE THRUS. my strict rule.
Or i can gladly drop you off at mcdonalds and you can reorder me after and possibly ill take the ping.

or if your smart give them your code for uber eats, get them to order mcdelivery and the driver will be at the house before you arrive. lol that way you make the eats kickback off the code and avoid a stop!!!!

ubers a double edge sword!! which side are you holding onto?

Athos

Yea! Go work a week in south dallas and come back to me that pax ratings doesn’t matter.

Horrible image but nice rant! El Camino. Ha! Saw one this summer. Completely used up and barely rolling. Why no ice in the diet Coke? I don't think the "child perfection services" cut was fair- the kids may need them.

Mikek999

Horrible image but nice rant! El Camino. Ha! Saw one this summer. Completely used up and barely rolling. Why no ice in the diet Coke? I don't think the "child perfection services" cut was fair- the kids may need them.

Perfection = protection
No ice = more soda when you get home you can empty your plastic ice cube trays and use your own ice. Dude! Everyone in the hood knows you don’t pay for ice! HOOD 101

Dewey500

If you’re a high rated driver and drive downtown than I’m impressed.

High rated drivers that only drives in the suburbs. Come downtown “bro”

Mikek999

no offense. if you doing stops, thats some newbie sheit lol. if you are doing mcdonalds runs and 7-11 stops.... LOL
I dont make no stops for anyone unless I am compensated with cash on the spot, or its strict A to B buddy!
I tell them in a polite and professional manner. most understand or recommend to be dropped at store.
NO DRIVE THRUS. my strict rule.
Or i can gladly drop you off at mcdonalds and you can reorder me after and possibly ill take the ping.

or if your smart give them your code for uber eats, get them to order mcdelivery and the driver will be at the house before you arrive. lol that way you make the eats kickback off the code and avoid a stop!!!!

ubers a double edge sword!! which side are you holding onto?

I’m assuming that your profile picture is you. I’m 46, five foot four, white, and one thirty five pounds. I don’t have the luxury of telling a 300 lbs black woman that is on a food run it’s going to cost her two bingo cards ($5 extra) for those extra stops. In Texas you yield to 90 mph pickup trucks in the fast lane, you help and hold the door for your elders, and you don’t mess with a hungry black woman! (Can I get an Amen from the choir from my Dallas coworkers)

ED Wallace

I’m assuming that your profile picture is you. I’m 46, five foot four, white, and one thirty five pounds. I don’t have the luxury of telling a 300 lbs black woman that is on a food run it’s going to cost her two bingo cards ($5 extra) for those extra stops. In Texas you yield to 90 mph pickup trucks in the fast lane, you help and hold the door for your elders, and you don’t mess with a hungry black woman! (Can I get an Amen from the choir from my Dallas coworkers)

Do you have funny stories about the 450 lbs white women that you pick up from the trailer park? I am sure they get reaaaal hungry too.

Mikek999

Do you have funny stories about the 450 lbs white women that you pick up from the trailer park? I am sure they get reaaaal hungry too.

Actually no... picked up a white early twenty year old from a man named Adul in trailer park. Got to pickup area. Not her trailer number. He does a three way call... she doesn’t know where I am. Guy is telling here description of map provided by Lyft as to where I am. She tells me she is at back of park. I pull around and she finally sees me. TOTAL WHITE TRASH! She definitely had the hooker mojo going on big time. I’m thinking he must had ordered her off of Craigslist as this was 1am. I drive her 50 minutes way north Fort Worth in another bad part of town. Odd thing about it was about 5 minutes from dropping her off she calls home and says she is almost home is there any pizza and beer left. Now I’m thinking, why did this Arab guy order a Lyft for a white trashy young girl. No clue... dropped her off at her crappy apartments. For some reason she didn’t want me to enter the complex, street drop off was fine. Let her out, clicked on end ride, open glove box grab ozone and disinfect back seat. PING! Another ride!