Does Lyft delay showing prime time?

Agent99

Does the Lyft driver app show Prime Time on a time delayed basis similar to how the Uber driver app is often delayed when showing surge? Or is it more like real time?

JohnnyPostman

The way Lyft Primetime works on the driver's app is a real shitshow - don't know how many times I get a fare in the middle of solid red on the map but when the ride is finished it was billed as a normal fare. That's the even bigger problem with Lyft's Primetime - we don't even know if it's a surge fare until the ride is over - way too late to do anything.

SLAV4UBER

I have a problem with primetime and lyft Peak time. Both are seriously flawed.

Peak time should be somewhat associated with primetime. The fact that peak time is fixed is ridiculous to me. It's been very busy during the week in Las Vegas and it's been peak demand like crazy in the early mornings and afternoons and late evenings yet it's only peak hours between 5 and 6 p.m.?! When it's actually not that busy on the strip.

Primetime areas are too small and too delayed.

Not showing us if the PAX is being charged primetime rates is also a shortcoming of the Lyft app.

The way it runs is terrible. It should stay in the background processes even when closed out. Notfications should be implemented natively, with overlays like UberPartner

So many small, easily fixable things that grow to be major issues overtime. Most of it is because whoever is the developer is doing a poor job and not following Android's native API's

Last edited:

Adieu

The primetime delay is intentional

Peak hours are NOT peak demand hours, but the hours they know people dont wanna drive

Lyft is seriously trying to be WAY more evil and manipulative than Uber, thats aclear goal theyve set ...and sometimes succeed at

MiddleClassedOut

I'm not sure, I think they're just really lazy about modifying them.

It's 7-9am every week here, Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.

Here the problem is rush hour on Friday starts at 3pm and ends at 7, but the peak hours don't start till 5. Saturday mornings and Sundays are much busier than Fridays 7-11, Thursdays are dead too. Who knows, I think they just have their heads up their butts really, nothing more than that.

Adieu

Seriously???

Peak hours are SOLELY about denying PDB to hordes of people. Like, duh.

I'm not sure, I think they're just really lazy about modifying them.

It's 7-9am every week here, Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.

Here the problem is rush hour on Friday starts at 3pm and ends at 7, but the peak hours don't start till 5. Saturday mornings and Sundays are much busier than Fridays 7-11, Thursdays are dead too. Who knows, I think they just have their heads up their butts really, nothing more than that.

the rebel

Seriously???

Peak hours are SOLELY about denying PDB to hordes of people. Like, duh.
I have noticed they are pretty well set up to force you to work every morning rush hour or work downtown late Friday and Saturday nights in Denver. Even the 10% bonus is hard to hit if you are not putting in 10-12 hours of prime time alone here. Which tells me they are not wanting to pay it to part timers