• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Does Large blocks every surge?

EngineerAtHeart

Just recently bought an SUV and was wondering if large blocks surge often or if not. Seems like most large blocks are 4.5 hours for $81. I'm in the Chicago market

BigJohn

All I can say is that out of Southern California, I have not seen any of the large blocks go to an increased rate. My thought is they are designed for basically the mid-day time frame and if not taken end up being later regular short blocks.

EngineerAtHeart

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
All I can say is that out of Southern California, I have not seen any of the large blocks go to an increased rate. My thought is they are designed for basically the mid-day time frame and if not taken end up being later regular short blocks.
That's what I thought, because only evening (5pm+) surge regularly.

Ted L.

Just recently bought an SUV and was wondering if large blocks surge often or if not. Seems like most large blocks are 4.5 hours for $81. I'm in the Chicago market
I hardly ever see it surging in the PHL area. Large blocks are pretty new here so I guess there are enough drivers who treat anything over $72 as a surge.

Watup

Depends which warehouse is near you, some surge occasionally , one that very very rarely surge is Morton Grove,

Bossbaby1

I think they are phasing our standard routes and only offering large vehicle blocks. So it’s nice you got an SUV. I had my charger in for a whole week nothing showed, put in my van and a weeks worth of blocks showed up.

jaxbeachrides

You put a van on and you get reserved blocks for a couple weeks then it goes back to normal. They still have mostly 3-4 hour afternoon routes which are sometimes just underpaid 5 hour routes.

Bossbaby1

Here in Indy there are no 3 hour blocks anymore they are all 4 hours and above. They have completely got rid of the 3 hours.
Post automatically merged:

I just don’t pick anymore.

BigJohn

Here in Indy there are no 3 hour blocks anymore they are all 4 hours and above. They have completely got rid of the 3 hours.
Post automatically merged:

I just don’t pick anymore.

They did not get rid of them, they found enough people with large vehicles to do the large blocks.

Bossbaby1

???? You literally just said what I said. All blocks are 4 hours now which are for the large vehicles /blocks. There are literally no more 3 hours blocks. For me that’s cool bc I have a standard and large vehicle. I just need to do better and log on when they are available.