Does it bother anyone that Uber doesn't exactly explain how fees r calculated?

Nenee

I looked everywhere to see if they had an explanation of how rider n driver fees r calculated. I came accross some information but its not straightforward. I had to reach out n ask uber support for clarification.

Ever since a recent post regarding fare reviews I've been keeping an eye on my money n baffled by the fact that every single transaction is incorrect.... ok, Perhaps I'm exaggerating, it's only 98℅ of the time. Grrrrr!

I don't get it, how can their calculations be so flawed. Why wouldn't these application glitches be a priority. Something as easy as the minimum fare its sometimes wrong. So it's not just money out of my pocket, also theirs!

Thus far the problem has never resulted in overcharging the PAX, it's always money out of my pocket.

Worst thing is that I was told we only have 48 hrs to request a fare adjustment.

Below is a screenshot of their calculations on the pax end and for the driver. I believe this was an XL ride.
Screenshot_2016-09-01-14-19-25.jpg
Screenshot_2016-09-01-14-21-59.jpg
as soon as I figure out how to upload a screenshot. Not sure how to do that on here.

phuseche

I find it fairly simple for X.

$0.85 / mile
$0.13 / minute
$0.95 base.

I find their fare calculation to be correct when I check based on "their reported" time and distance. However, I regularly do not check their time and distance calculation. Except once when they showed a straight line, going over water, from pick up to destination; obviously it was wrong.

When going through tolls on the way to pick ups, half the time they do not include them and I have to complaint.

ChevyVolt

I'm going to be honest here and say that just like playing the stock market I am simply looking for the Lion's Share of revenues. I know I'm going to be cheated. The idea is to live like there is no tomorrow...

I find it fairly simple for X.

$0.85 / mile
$0.13 / minute
$0.95 base.

I find their fare calculation to be correct when I check based on "their reported" time and distance. However, I regularly do not check their time and distance calculation. Except once when they showed a straight line, going over water, from pick up to destination; obviously it was wrong.

When going through tolls on the way to pick ups, half the time they do not include them and I have to complaint.
98% of the time they are getting your money you nickel by nickel cent by cent and Dime by Dime. The short the miles the minutes all the time

Reddreads

any way to combat this. like is it little shorts so for example if your really supposed to get 10.95 they give you 10.90 or is it painfully obvious as youre supposed to get 10.95 and they give you 10.40?

ChevyVolt

Reminds me of the old worm programs that they used to run at banks. The program stole a fraction of a penny from every account constantly. Ended up in a secret account. Made millions

ShadyBrady

Reminds me of the old worm programs that they used to run at banks. The program stole a fraction of a penny from every account constantly. Ended up in a secret account. Made millions
The first instance of this was actually legal - company providing banking software made an agreement to take payment as the residual (less than a penny) from every transaction. And yes, they made millions.

ChevyVolt

Some weren't so legal and I bet Uber skirts them there law dawgs with them fancy cyber worms. Law dawg don't go 'round heah, pard...