• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Does Google maps know temp street closings

JFrancis

Is Google maps so "smart" as to be aware of temporary street closings such as there are for the Chicago marathon?

pizza guy

Yes. The organizers of many events even work with the navigation providers so they know in advance when and where streets will be closed.
Last week I opened maps and at alerted to closures for a small race in downers grove.

lakersfan1

For pre-planned closings, yes. The city shares planned closings. This helps ALOT when explaining to people why I can't get them curbside to their restaurant ahead of time when there's some kind of street festival of construction closure.

Pchi

Waze might have it's many faults but at least other drivers are able to input real time events as they unfold.

tohunt4me

Google Maps KNOWS NOTHING !

In New Orleans, 1/2 the roads were under construction ALL AT ONCE.

IT WAS BUILD OR LOSE FEDERAL GRANT MONEY. SO THEY BUILT . . .

GOOGLE would Cheerfully send you down dead end gauntlents filled with depraved thugs waiting !

MY CAR HAS GREAT GROUND CLEARANCE.

I discovered i can jump curbs easily and drive down sidewalks past barricades to the Cheering of Pax !

Google will get you killed if it gets the chance !

Waze might have it's many faults but at least other drivers are able to input real time events as they unfold.
I always run waze in background.
Can hear warnings of red light cams and radar cams even when waze is under other apps.

lakersfan1

Waze has been owned by Google for a while. Google Maps already reports accidents and construction from Waze. Personally, I don't want it interrputing my music with speed trap and red light reports every 15 seconds. I know where they are by now. Shut the hell up.