Does car affect your pax ratings?

UBR001

I was wondering whether pax are more inclined to give you a better rating if you show up in say a statesman instead of a skoda as an example.
I assume that part of the overall experience for a pax is the comfort and being crammed into the back of a Hyundai Getz when you are 6ft may tend to give them a bad vibe.
Interested to hear peoples thoughts.

Cheers

UBR001

The best car is a hyundai getz 4 door manual.

Or a mazda 2 hatchback.

You sir are apparently a bitter cynical troll who has purchased a very expensive vehicle to use for earning a very minimal amount of money.

This forum seems to echo my sentiments so I please ask if you have nothing constructive to say then move along.
There is nothing here for you....

Cheers

UberXterra

I was wondering whether pax are more inclined to give you a better rating if you show up in say a statesman instead of a skoda as an example.
I assume that part of the overall experience for a pax is the comfort and being crammed into the back of a Hyundai Getz when you are 6ft may tend to give them a bad vibe.

Cheers
I get a lot of happy customers driving the Xterra I've had a lot of them tell me they don't like riding in really small cars the gas mileage isn't that great but my tips pay for my gas and personally myself I wouldn't drive a tiny car not very safe I rather save my ass than save some gas

UBR001

I get a lot of happy customers driving the Xterra I've had a lot of them tell me they don't like riding in really small cars the gas mileage isn't that great but my tips pay for my gas and personally myself I wouldn't drive a tiny car not very safe I rather save my ass than save some gas

Haha, I assume you are in USA as I don't even know what an xterra is plus in theory we don't get tips here in Oz.

Cheers

Then ofcourse common sense would dictate a nicer car means you will definately get higher ratings. Think if you were the customer? Would you rather get picked up in my brand new beamer or a Hyundai getz? Even though you are a low class uberX customer, Im sure they would like the beamer if they even knew what car they are getting into; most likely they will think it is a big holden commodore.

Sorry mate Australian culture loves to copy and imitate the USA in all aspects of life EXCEPT the tipping part. We are very stingy people when it comes to tipping. It hardly ever happens.

UBR001

Yes sir I am in the USA and it is a Nissan Xterra four wheel drive SUV

Thanks for the reply and I guess by the gist of the reply earlier that a small car creates a bad vibe.
Cheers

Then ofcourse common sense would dictate a nicer car means you will definately get higher ratings. Think if you were the customer? Would you rather get picked up in my brand new beamer or a Hyundai getz? Even though you are a low class uberX customer, Im sure they would like the beamer if they even knew what car they are getting into; most likely they will think it is a big holden commodore.

More than a one line answer is a good start CVLBMW

Didn't specify a NICER car, just said a BIGGER car.
It's all about the vibe and the initial impression and asking if it relates to a higher rating from the pax

Cheers

UberXterra

Thanks for the reply and I guess by the gist of the reply earlier that a small car creates a bad vibe.
Cheers
I wouldn't go as far to say it puts off a bad Vibe I guess it depends where you're at where I live there's a lot of tree huggers and they may like a car like that

UberDriverAU

Cheers
I have an old and small car and my rating hovers in the 4.85 to 4.90 range. So to answer your question, no your car doesn't greatly effect your rating.

X customers should be hung. So should the x drivers. Cant stand the pheasant class passengers...
I'd say X drivers make a larger profit than you. Personally I'd much rather take a down to earth cattle class passenger than a stuck up pretentious rich snob.

Kiwitrains

Most aussies love Aussie cars to ride in and if you pull up in Commodore SV6 or SS and a Falcon XR6 you will stand more chance of five stars if you drive ok than picking up in a tin box there is no argument about that

UBR001

I have an old and small car and my rating hovers in the 4.85 to 4.90 range. So to answer your question, no your car doesn't greatly effect your rating.

Car can't be too old as earlier than 2007 won't cut it.

Maybe it's your handsome good looks and scintillating wit.
Hehe
Cheers

Most aussies love Aussie cars to ride in and if you pull up in Commodore SV6 or SS and a Falcon XR6 you will stand more chance of five stars if you drive ok than picking up in a tin box there is no argument about that
What do you know about aussies? You are a kiwi same like the indians probably came here to steal from our economy.

peteyvavs

The low fares that customers are charged they should just take a city bus if they don't like the Uber cars that picks them up. I had a couple of pax say my car was too small, I told them it was to save on gas and they said they are paying to be treated better, so I suggested they use their other mode of transportation and they wanted to know what that was, I told them their 2 feet. I guess that dinged my rating LOL.

Reactions: prk