Does anyone know what the maximum cancel rate is?

Dissendat

Has everybody realised that they don't need to wait as long and are getting less no show cancellation that a few months ago? I have found I am doing less and less now. It seems more people are out the front and ready to jump in the car.

hostertully

That's not the cancellations I was talking about, that's a 'no-show' cancellation. These riders who let you wait annoy me on a daily basis. I was talking about drivers accepting jobs and canceling before they get there. Now for sure you could get caught in a traffic jam and have to cancel or you realise you are on the wrong side of the street and cant get there. But that shouldn't be 15% of your jobs by any stretch of the imagination.

I suggest your imagination does not run so deep.

I'll give you my example then.

I drive once a week. Sat nights. I had 11 rides in my trip history for that night. 3 of those were cancelled. Of those cancellations, 1 was the rider cancelling, 1 was a rider no show cancel by me, and 1 was a cancel I did because the pickup was on Oxford St just past Taylor sq, which is fairly far from the next cross street (Crown St). Plus it was teeming with taxis and buses and traffic. I am quite happy to cancel ride requests sent from poorly thought out pick up locations.

According to that 1 night alone I'm at 18% cancellation rate. Uber counts the rider no show cancellations in your cancellation rate.

Tell me then how 15% sounds beyond your normal realm of reality, let alone your imagination?

hostertully

Has everybody realised that they don't need to wait as long and are getting less no show cancellation that a few months ago? I have found I am doing less and less now. It seems more people are out the front and ready to jump in the car.

No I've not noticed any difference. Mind you I only do weekend nights.

Daniel_D

I drive once a week. Sat nights. I had 11 rides in my trip history for that night. 3 of those were cancelled. Of those cancellations, 1 was the rider cancelling, 1 was a rider no show cancel by me, and 1 was a cancel I did because the pickup was on Oxford St just past Taylor sq, which is fairly far from the next cross street (Crown St). Plus it was teeming with taxis and buses and traffic. I am quite happy to cancel ride requests sent from poorly thought out pick up locations.

According to that 1 night alone I'm at 18% cancellation rate. Uber counts the rider no show cancellations in your cancellation rate.

Tell me then how 15% sounds beyond your normal realm of reality, let alone your imagination?

I deal with PAX very differently, if it is a busy location i contact the passanger almost as soon as i get the request and advise them of the colour, make of the vehicle and updated ETA and explain that there will probably be issues parking at that location and make their way to the closest cross street (on the side of the road that i will be passing (especially for Oxford Street or city for that matter) and just walk 20 meters down, I keep giving them updates of my ETA, so that when i get there they are ready to get in. I'm sometimes still on the phone to them when I am approaching and we can identify each other on arrival, which make pick up very quick and easy. If they are not there on arrival I put my hazzards on and wait 4 minutes and then cancel. If they dont pick up my initial call I cancel the ride straight away especially for busy / confusing locations.

I think alot of it is about PAX education.

whyza

That's not the cancellations I was talking about, that's a 'no-show' cancellation. These riders who let you wait annoy me on a daily basis. I was talking about drivers accepting jobs and canceling before they get there. Now for sure you could get caught in a traffic jam and have to cancel or you realise you are on the wrong side of the street and cant get there. But that shouldn't be 15% of your jobs by any stretch of the imagination.
...please be careful what you are writing on the forum,fuber has "stack cards" against drivers to keep them in paranoia,people whom we give a rides do not give a s..t about us,(at least most of them)and so is fuber...if you don't,conclusions about you will be that you are either not very bright or fuber stooge....

fields

And that happens to you every Saturday night? If its a one-off than it will all balance out in the end.

The inclusion of no shows in your cancellations is of course absurd and should really be a separate statistic.

fields

...please be careful what you are writing on the forum,fuber has "stack cards" against drivers to keep them in paranoia,people whom we give a rides do not give a s..t about us,(at least most of them)and so is fuber...if you don't,conclusions about you will be that you are either not very bright or fuber stooge....

I like to think I can see things from the perspective of all parties, not just my own. It appears you are sadly lacking in that department.

Last edited:

whyza

...if I was employed by fuber I would obviously have the same perspective as you do....;-))))))))

fields

...if I was employed by fuber I would obviously have the same perspective as you do....;-))))))))

I think we may have a Magnum PI wannabe on this message board. Doing his darnest to unmask those pesky Uber employees.

Last edited:

whyza

...regardless if you are or are not fuber employee,your opinion on deactivating drivers is very peculiar,and thanks for the update about uber advanced bookings.....;-)))))))))))))))))))))

fields

...regardless if you are or are not fuber employee,your opinion on deactivating drivers is very peculiar,

Peculiar?

If I were a rider, I would much prefer a 4.3 star driver actually picking me up than a 4.9 star driver canceling on me. I am not sure how you could possibly argue otherwise.

Of the two who should be deactivated (if any)? Clearly from a customer point of view, it would have to be 4.9 star driver who frequently cancels pickups.

Iuber

Sometimes i need to cancel the trip for the rider's sake e.g i accept a request from the same street i am traveling, the street is one way and the pickup destination is actually just behind me. To go to the pickup destination requires long detour and traffic is slow. I cancel so the rider can request a faster driver, i won't waste my time in case the rider cancels the trip.
There are many situations in which the driver needs to cancel for the sake of both parties.

Last edited:

whyza

Peculiar?

If I were a rider, I would much prefer a 4.3 star driver actually picking me up than a 4.9 star driver canceling on me. I am not sure how you could possibly argue otherwise.

Of the two who should be deactivated (if any)? Clearly from a customer point of view, it would have to be 4.9 star driver who frequently cancels pickups.
...it is pointless to argue with you...

UberXploited

I think Uber would be better off deactivating people with 15% cancellation rates rather than someone who drops below 4.6 stars.

Putting myself in the shoes of a rider, its the cancellations of my trip which would bother me the most.
No way. My cancellation rate is super high and they kept my account active. There are so many reasons to cancel and who cares about the customer we need to be able to make a living. They can get another one.

UberXploited

Sometimes i need to cancel the trip for the rider's sake e.g i accept a request from the same street i am traveling, the street is one way and the pickup destination is actually just behind me. To go to the pickup destination requires long detour and traffic is slow. I cancel so the rider can request a faster driver, i won't waste my time in case the rider cancels the trip.
There are many situations in which the driver needs to cancel for the sake of both parties.
And when you do a good deed like this Uber rewards you by temporarily deactivating your account for 2 minutes.