Does anyone know what the maximum cancel rate is?

hostertully

What is the max cancel rate before Uber threatens us with deactivation? I can see my cancellation rate is 15% now with the new Ratings page format. What are your cancellation rates? is mine higher than normal?

Gee Uber thanks for meddling around again with the app and showing us information that us drivers don't really need!

Last edited:

fields

I think Uber would be better off deactivating people with 15% cancellation rates rather than someone who drops below 4.6 stars.

Putting myself in the shoes of a rider, its the cancellations of my trip which would bother me the most.

whyza

I think Uber would be better off deactivating people with 15% cancellation rates rather than someone who drops below 4.6 stars.

Putting myself in the shoes of a rider, its the cancellations of my trip which would bother me the most.
...you should be uber-consultant...Put yourself in in the shoes of a driver who after waiting in an illegal place to stop,- cancel the trip in order to not get booked and then get deactivated,-it would bother me the most....;-))))

unzunz

Also the acceptance rate feature as well. If they don't matter why has uber put them on our dashboard

hostertully

Yeah, nah mate.

I drive and ride with Uber. Drivers cancel on me, I just lift my finger about an inch, and ever so gently, touch the screen to request another one. Barely takes 5 seconds, and probably burnt less than 1 calorie doing so.

Last edited:

hostertully

Check this thread out:
https://uberpeople.net/threads/driver-deactivation-policy.87077/

High quality drivers have less than 5%

Cool, thanks for the link man.

I wonder how Uber define 'high quality' when it comes to cancellation rates.... Especially as they count rider no show cancellations in the aggregate %. Uber must exist in a world where the following apply:

1. All PAX are aware of road rules in regards to no stopping areas and always request pickups from areas the driver can legally stop, all the time (They've never heard of Oxford St then..)

2. No PAX ever try to ride with an open beverage (I've had a couple of girls try to get in with champagne glasses full to the brim... no way, cancel)

3. All PAX are civilised (I've had a group of dudes ask me to wait until one of them stopped peeing next to a wall. Cancel)

4. All PAX requests are practical to drive to without huge hassle.

once again the 5% seems to have been plucked out of Uber's high quality perfect ass

Last edited:

fields

...you should be uber-consultant...Put yourself in in the shoes of a driver who after waiting in an illegal place to stop,- cancel the trip in order to not get booked and then get deactivated,-it would bother me the most....;-))))

That's not the cancellations I was talking about, that's a 'no-show' cancellation. These riders who let you wait annoy me on a daily basis. I was talking about drivers accepting jobs and canceling before they get there. Now for sure you could get caught in a traffic jam and have to cancel or you realise you are on the wrong side of the street and cant get there. But that shouldn't be 15% of your jobs by any stretch of the imagination.