does anyone know how to use defensive driving course to reduce points on TLC license?

Inshur

Einsss

so after some searching on the internet, all the "goverment pages" that is about this topic are stated as "outdated" in nyc gov and tlc.

one of my friend pulled over by a tlc cop and was issued 3 points and 300 fines, and after trial he is guilty.

so he wanted to use his DDC (defensive driving course)to reduce the points, and here comes the question.

where do we go?

we went to the tlc office in LIC, waited there for 2 hours (yeah,2hours and 35 min to be exact), and the lady on the window just gave us a paper saying we should attend this course called "presistent violator refresh course" and there are couple numbers on there.

we called each of them, only 2 of them answered on a monday afternoon at 2pm, saying they don't offer that anymore.

and we don't know where to go right now.

any help?

gene1942

what I know you don't have to go anywhere, they automatically reduce 3 points from your license , if you don't have more than 6 points don't worry. if you have more than 6 points ( let's say 8 points) they will send you a letter about suspension or pay $500 if so just upload DDC or send them as a email , that's all.
Post automatically merged:

rac1997

what I know you don't have to go anywhere, they automatically reduce 3 points from your license , if you don't have more than 6 points don't worry. if you have more than 6 points ( let's say 8 points) they will send you a letter about suspension or pay $500 if so just upload DDC or send them as a email , that's all.
Post automatically merged:
Isn't $1000? Are you sure it's $500?

Lenny_yellow_cab

so after some searching on the internet, all the "goverment pages" that is about this topic are stated as "outdated" in nyc gov and tlc.

one of my friend pulled over by a tlc cop and was issued 3 points and 300 fines, and after trial he is guilty.

so he wanted to use his DDC (defensive driving course)to reduce the points, and here comes the question.

where do we go?

we went to the tlc office in LIC, waited there for 2 hours (yeah,2hours and 35 min to be exact), and the lady on the window just gave us a paper saying we should attend this course called "presistent violator refresh course" and there are couple numbers on there.

we called each of them, only 2 of them answered on a monday afternoon at 2pm, saying they don't offer that anymore.

and we don't know where to go right now.

any help?
Just take a defensive driving class and it will automatically remove those 3 tlc points

Inshur New York