Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Does anyone here put those uber/lyft logos on their car?

4K views 57 replies 31 participants last post by  Nosmoke704 
#1 ·
Everytime I see them I just imagine they're new drivers who loaded up with snacks and water. I'd put one on my car if they paid me for it.

#52 ·
Well if you go to airports don' Complain when you get a fat ticket. The decal has other benefits as well, such as being pulled over, cops are pretty cool when see you're driving for Uber/ Lyft. It also helps female passengers feel more secure.

BTW I've been driving for 4 years and always had my Uber decal displayed, never got a ticket even when I ran a stop sign by mistake at 3 in the morning.

#35 ·
Über decals = Ant badges. You are giving them free advertisement. I don't use them. Never got a ticket.
What a crazy idea. By thatlogic ups workers should remove their uniforms and cover up their truck logos so as not to give " free advertisement"to the company that oays them. More advertisement = moresales= more rides=drivers make more money

#19 ·
Email to me;

Your new Uber decal should arrive soon

Your newly redesigned Uber decal should arrive in 5 to 7 days.

Local regulations require that you place this decal on your vehicle's front windshield (as shown below).

"local Regulations"; https://www.cga.ct.gov/2014/rpt/2014-R-0173.htm (it's not mentioned)

Placing one on the passenger side rear window blocks your view when shifting to the right lane. I don't think it brilliant to block any car windows but when Lyft sent me one and told me where to place it, it got canned.

#20 ·
Driving 4 years and only hold up a laminated U sign for valet or hold a lyftstache up if needed then they go back in the glovebox, lol no way would I put that on my car...for a short time we had to have a fingerprint logo on our cars with other companies to prove we had a real background check, but those days are in the past

#24 · (Edited)
Yeah I think the last thing anyone is thinking is to be cool ether way, I don't place them because I don't trust people. Someone may see the logo and try and and work some angle like hit my car to try and sue me with U/L and say it's my fault.

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Art Font

Here is the Austin logo we used to have to place on window, I have mine laminated so I could of taken it down anytime, I see cars all over town with them still on window and are no longer needed.

#22 ·
I display both trade dress decals. I like pax to know I'm their ride. You see, I earn money when I pick them up and take them places and being easily identified facilitates that process.

Guess I'll have to find some other way to be cool. Perhaps I'll take up smoking, get a leather jacket or wear sunglasses when not necessary.

"Gotta be a rebel man! Stick your decals U&L! I ain't playing ball!" Childish and lame!

#25 ·
Just received the new UBER decal. This one clearly says UBER. I won't be putting this one on either. Question is what for? If as a passenger you would prefer just seeing a decal and hopping into a strangers car as opposed to actually verifying the license plate then you're a moron and should not be awarded for it.

#28 ·
Gonna try that Jay. Would be a time saver.

Driving 4 years and only hold up a laminated U sign for valet or hold a lyftstache up if needed then they go back in the glovebox, lol no way would I put that on my car...for a short time we had to have a fingerprint logo on our cars with other companies to prove we had a real background check, but those days are in the past

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.