Does anyone ever get tired and not go out to drive uber

uberron73

I'm just wondering if it's just me but im having hard time getting myself motivated to drive uber. I'm not even talking about going out. Im talking about at home just turning on the uber app. in fear of getting a pax.I need the money just like the rest but I'm really fighting depression it feels like. Does others ever feel this way an what do you do to over come it? I really need help getting back my mojo got driving uber.. Thxs uber guys and gals

tohunt4me

I'm just wondering if it's just me but im having hard time getting myself motivated to drive uber. I'm not even talking about going out. Im talking about at home just turning on the uber app. in fear of getting a pax.I need the money just like the rest but I'm really fighting depression it feels like. Does others ever feel this way an what do you do to over come it? I really need help getting back my mojo got driving uber.. Thxs uber guys and gals
Get out and do something just for you.
Something you enjoy,oil wrestling,rooster fight,community service.
Go enjoy yourself.

Then get back to work.

Always give yourself a treat
You deserve it.

uberron73

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I start driving between 3am and 5am. Sometimes want to chuck it all and go home to sleep around 7 because of pax. Usually stay out til I clear $100 post fee. Spent 6 mos on my ass at home, so I don't want to go back.
That's how I feel. I've been laid off my job for 6 months and I am trying to uber to make ends meet but I'm having hard time. I know everyday is different but how long does it usually take you to make 100$or close once you start at 4am in morning? I need to start going out early and getting my money then come back home but I just don't know where to go at that time but that's what i wanna try for 100$a day or close. Thx for your help

Uber you are essentially running a business by yourself where you control your own destiny. There is no boss consistently pressuring you to perform or keep your accountable.

Think of something that really motivates you to act, getting shot in the head, 1 million dollars, sex, etc. Frame that set of mind into how you want to reach your goals.

Also try to network with other rideshare drivers. It's a lot harder to slack off when you are with a group of like minded individuals.

uberron73

Uber you are essentially running a business by yourself where you control your own destiny. There is no boss consistently pressuring you to perform or keep your accountable.

Think of something that really motivates you to act, getting shot in the head, 1 million dollars, sex, etc. Frame that set of mind into how you want to reach your goals.

Also try to network with other rideshare drivers. It's a lot harder to slack off when you are with a group of like minded individuals.
That's so true. I stay away from negative ppl an I'm trying to find uber drivers that are libel to me to motivate me. Thx for you nice words

J1945

the ferryman

I've found some fun in downloading podcasts and listening as I go about the work. There's Handel on the Law - he's great, just rips into people when they are dumb and ask dumb questions, but he's also a mensch. I've listened to Poe short stories and another podcast, The Art of Manliness - good one. You can have something on in the background to keep you going. Setting minimum driving goals helps me. Sometimes I stop at the end, sometimes I do a bit more. Every once in a while I hang it up early when I'm fighting the tide.

uberron73

I've found some fun in downloading podcasts and listening as I go about the work. There's Handel on the Law - he's great, just rips into people when they are dumb and ask dumb questions, but he's also a mensch. I've listened to Poe short stories and another podcast, The Art of Manliness - good one. You can have something on in the background to keep you going. Setting minimum driving goals helps me. Sometimes I stop at the end, sometimes I do a bit more. Every once in a while I hang it up early when I'm fighting the tide.
Hey thxs that sounds interesting. What time do you start uber driving in the day?

the ferryman

Hey thxs that sounds interesting. What time do you start uber driving in the day?
It depends, it is a side job so my other job takes precedence but it is also flexible. I like a nice early start if I have a choice, maybe 5 or 6 am. Other times I catch a few hours later in the day. I try to have a weekly goal and make work spots that will get me there.

I usually shoot for 500, sometimes I make 700. Last week was really busy and I took the week off from my other job and went all out to do 2100+. I'm not driving at all this week.

uberron73

It depends, it is a side job so my other job takes precedence but it is also flexible. I like a nice early start if I have a choice, maybe 5 or 6 am. Other times I catch a few hours later in the day. I try to have a weekly goal and make work spots that will get me there.

I usually shoot for 500, sometimes I make 700. Last week was really busy and I took the week off from my other job and went all out to do 2100+. I'm not driving at all this week.
Dam you are doing great if your making 600 to 1200 in a week. I need to get this figured out. Maybe that's why Im losing my motivation to drive uber in not making near those numbers. Buy I need to get up earlier an get to Chicago. I wanna goal of 100$pr day of possible. Thx for your help

Scurvy

One of the most fun things about this job is the new places I get to go each day. The days seem to be dedicated to one particular area of Chicagoland. It may be "west side". "Evanston", "Pilsen" or "Lincoln Park" day. It's like a big "Where's Carmen Sandiego" game.

dumbdriver

not me now that I lost my house in bankruptcy I now live out of my car so I'm always available even to pick up homeless people like myself

dumbdriver

Its best to take a break if feeling depressed or exhausted/stressed. Your mind/bod is telling you something.

Make sure you are getting some exercise even if it is walking. A fit bit with modest goals will help.
actually thank God they don't do drug testing thanks to Crystal Meth I can now work 7 days in a row without even feeling tired and the only way I Crash isto get out of car. I love this job

El Janitor

I have taken 3 weeks off before, because I also sometimes had problems with feeling motivated to do this. For me, I put something in my car that makes me happy and I remember that this is, My car, and My Personal Space and I am allowing you inside it to take you where YOU need to go. I will respect you regardless of your age, looks, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, etc etc etc. I don't mind hearing about your day, and possibly your problems, as long as you do not tell me anything incriminating. When all goes well which has been like 90% of the time I can usually be pleasant to most people.

I also try to blow things off, and try not to take things personally, I pick and choose my battles. Even when I have a difference of opinion with someone who may not be able to tolerate that I exist, or disagrees with the color of my car, or choice in music or whatever. I remember that I am still able to get you to your destination without telling you how I may now feel about you or your preferences after just meeting you. I also try to remember that when someone vocally judges me or my stuff ( like my car, or choice of phone) they usually have some other issues themselves that I really wouldn't want to have and I usually feel sorry for them.

I try to see it as a mutual service that I can provide for those who need it, and a way to meet all kinds of people I may not have otherwise, and make a few bucks to eat and live doing something that I'm good at. The rules aren't too bad, and I can work when I want too. Also not everyone can drive believe it or not. I've trained several people over my lifetime and sometimes there truly are people who should never operate any kind of motor vehicle.

As for all the nasty texts I get from Uber. I remember they are from a computer that was programmed by someone who's job it was to make it send me all these nasty comments to try and manipulate me to make them more money when the program tells it to do so. I just simply delete the text and treat it like any other kind of spam. So when you get depressed about driving for Uber, hopefully thinking about some of what I said will help you. It's not so bad, plenty of worse ways to have to make a buck then this.