• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Does anyone else drive a Manual/Stick shift?

Coffeekeepsmedriving

I have a 2013 automatic that i was having the brake pads replaced and some filters changed.
I decided to use my 2005 manual/Stick for a day..
This car was a big hit..Pax said it was cool, and i never seen a person drive a manual etc.
I decided to drive it a second day and the same amazement. It does have a couple of dents.
I was getting tips and 5 stars like crazy..So I tried not using my air conditioner on small runs and all pool rides,
No problems.
Now i tried wearing shorts and a tank top..still tips and 5 stars..
this proves to me its not he car or clothes but attitude which gets you tips and 5 stars, which I turned on real good.
I am using my old beat-up car with 200,00 miles to rake it in.
oh I do keep the inside nice and clean and smelling good.
Try it you will be surprised..

NOTE: I did have one lady tell her girlfriend " I thought last times the cars were better" LOL

PorkRollUberAndCheese

Cars from 2005 are obsolete on the New Jersey Uber platform.

So you basically committed a TOS violation, as that car wouldn't qualify, which means you probably drove without insurance. Just saying.

Millio007

jaja 2k5 aint allowed and someone might be a jerk and report you for using the wrong car.

Last edited by a moderator:

RightTurnClyde

I drive a manual. Lots of times someone will be in the car for long periods of time before they even notice (I drive at night). The ones that don't mention it far outweigh the ones who do, but for those few it always results in a good conversation about cars and such. One thing is clear, manuals are a dying breed as most say they've never driven one and some even have never ridden in one. Shifting can be a pain sometimes, but the gas savings are tremendous if you focus on efficiency and coasting, plus at the gym I can skip 1/2 of leg day...

tohunt4me

I drive a manual. Lots of times someone will be in the car for long periods of time before they even notice (I drive at night). The ones that don't mention it far outweigh the ones who do, but for those few it always results in a good conversation about cars and such. One thing is clear, manuals are a dying breed as most say they've never driven one and some even have never ridden in one. Shifting can be a pain sometimes, but the gas savings are tremendous if you focus on efficiency and coasting, plus at the gym I can skip 1/2 of leg day...
Some of the automatics get better mileage now.
My car I drive now,2 years old,I could have bought a Manuel for $2,000.00 less. Both cars I test drove and considered had 6 speed transmission,both Manuel and automatic.
My truck is a 5 speed Manuel.

tohunt4me

Lol, yes! Much respect to those who drove these, i never liked shifting on the column.
Used to get the little Suzuki trucks at the plants,before the mules and John Deere stuff caught on.
Left hand shift.

What's really fun is a stick shift forklift.

Besides all the other pedals,a clutch and shift lever also.

The army loves farm boys for helicopter piolots.
If you can run a tractor with PTO,you can probably handle a helicopter . . .

just uberX

I have a 2013 automatic that i was having the brake pads replaced and some filters changed.
I decided to use my 2005 manual/Stick for a day..
This car was a big hit..Pax said it was cool, and i never seen a person drive a manual etc.
I decided to drive it a second day and the same amazement. It does have a couple of dents.
I was getting tips and 5 stars like crazy..So I tried not using my air conditioner on small runs and all pool rides,
No problems.
Now i tried wearing shorts and a tank top..still tips and 5 stars..
this proves to me its not he car or clothes but attitude which gets you tips and 5 stars, which I turned on real good.
I am using my old beat-up car with 200,00 miles to rake it in.
oh I do keep the inside nice and clean and smelling good.
Try it you will be surprised..

NOTE: I did have one lady tell her girlfriend " I thought last times the cars were better" LOL
Good luck when you get stuck in NYC traffic buddy!! Hope you have a soft clutch pedal. I drove stick shift for years ...was fun back then .....

Coffeekeepsmedriving

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cars from 2005 are obsolete on the New Jersey Uber platform.

So you basically committed a TOS violation, as that car wouldn't qualify, which means you probably drove without insurance. Just saying.
Uber is now accepting 2000 or newer in some cities

At the end of 2014, Uber sent me an e-mail saying my 2004 Lexus RX330 was going to be deactivated at the beginning of 2015. This was obviously a big worry for me since it’d be pretty hard to blog about being an Uber driver if I didn’t drive for Uber. But Jan. 1, 2015 came and went and I was still able to log on and drive. I thought maybe it was a glitch or maybe Uber didn’t care, so I din’t say anything. -
Uber Updates Car Requirement to 2001 or Newer in 2016
February 2, 2016

Just saying

PorkRollUberAndCheese

Uber is now accepting 2000 or newer in some cities

At the end of 2014, Uber sent me an e-mail saying my 2004 Lexus RX330 was going to be deactivated at the beginning of 2015. This was obviously a big worry for me since it’d be pretty hard to blog about being an Uber driver if I didn’t drive for Uber. But Jan. 1, 2015 came and went and I was still able to log on and drive. I thought maybe it was a glitch or maybe Uber didn’t care, so I din’t say anything. -
February 2, 2016

Just saying
The New Jersey partner page specifies 2006.

You can drive that car in PA not a problem, but not in NJ.

AxL

One of my cars on my first uber account was 04 Accord V6, in 2015 I received an email saying, that they extend the use of that car.
I will be more than happy to drive some v8 5L or more full size SUV, rwd, supercharged with manual transmission. I will be happy to see my pax faces.

tohunt4me

One of my cars on my first uber account was 04 Accord V6, in 2015 I received an email saying, that they extend the use of that car.
I will be more than happy to drive some v8 5L or more full size SUV, rwd, supercharged with manual transmission. I will be happy to see my pax faces.
Don't forget the Nitrous button . . .
Screenshot_2016-06-03-21-09-17.png

UberwhoIaM

Friend of mine did the same thing when his Uber registered vehicle was in the shop. He drove his other car that was 4 years older and not registered with Uber. A passenger complained to uber gave thern the tag number and he was told by Uber he isn't covered by their insurance in that vehicle and would be deactivated if it happened again. Wrong make, year, plates and had dents. He couldn't deny it because they had his registration info on the other car on his name after checking plate. Be careful...

tohunt4me

Friend of mine did the same thing when his Uber registered vehicle was in the shop. He drove his other car that was 4 years older and not registered with Uber. A passenger complained to uber gave thern the tag number and he was told by Uber he isn't covered by their insurance in that vehicle and would be deactivated if it happened again. Wrong make, year, plates and had dents. He couldn't deny it because they had his registration info on the other car on his name after checking plate. Be careful...
Switch plates.

Coffeekeepsmedriving

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
what are you talking about...this car is register with uber..