• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Does anybody drive xl in the Tampa area?

Timben

Im new and drive xl but have to take x rides as well and it kills me on my fuel mileage. I average $10 hr or just under so far. I have only went out 5 times as well though. Tonight was all x but one was a family of 5 that booked x and I notified uber right after and they paid me xl pay for it. Really wish i could drive xl only

DAG

. . . . Really wish i could drive xl only
I don't know if you can do this; BUT, explore the possibility of two separate profiles. Another option might be to be an XL ONLY partner. Remember, though, if you are XL ONLY, you might not get as many rides as X drivers.

Good luck to you.

Rob T.

I, for the most part only accepted XL requests unless X was surging. Support claimed to have made a separate profile with only XL yet it never showed up. I got a couple nasty emails about acceptance rates but told uber I will not accept X when I'm capable of taking XL, making more money for myself, as well as uber. I don't drive unless I'm hard up for money so I'll let you in on a little secret. Not sure where you live, but South Pasadena always seemed to be requesting XL,and atleast the times I drove wasn't any others nearby.

Timben

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I asked uber about xl only and they said its not available in my area. I told them it costs more to operate my vehicle but they dont seem to care. I did have one night I ran all xl except 2 rides. I did 9 that night. I dont even see any xl vehicles so gar but all x cars when im out. Maybe i should try the area you suggested. Ill see how far it is from me. Thanks.

louvit

I am still confused on the issue, I am an XL, they just set me up that way. Most of my rides are 1 person though.

Timben

I signed up as xl but uber makes you take both x and xl and they say in my area they do not do one or the other it has to be both x and xl. Most of my rides ar x as well. It just doesnt really pay on longer rides.

I am an XL and Select authorized Driver. I was told there is no way to stop getting X pings and I would be required to keep my acceptance rate within the parameters.
All the regular X passengers are very excited to get a luxury SUV for their little hope to thear laundry mat

tnc738

I signed up as xl but uber makes you take both x and xl and they say in my area they do not do one or the other it has to be both x and xl. Most of my rides ar x as well. It just doesnt really pay on longer rides.
I am an XL and Select authorized Driver. I was told there is no way to stop getting X pings and I would be required to keep my acceptance rate within the parameters.
All the regular X passengers are very excited to get a luxury SUV for their little hope to thear laundry mat
If you go to the Greenlight Hub, the in-person support can create a new profile on your account that is XL or Select only. Good luck.

louvit

I would think taking both x and xl is a good thing..more rides? I am an XL and most of my rides are short and 1 pax

Timben

I would think taking both x and xl is a good thing..more rides? I am an XL and most of my rides are short and 1 pax

If the rides are short it is not bad. But I took one pax from Tampa all the way to st. Pete beach and had to drive back empty. On the rides that are further than just a few miles it cost money when you come back empty. It kind of sucks if you drive xl only you probably will not get very many rides. maybe you have a vehicle that gets better than mine at 18 miles per gallon.

CTK

If the rides are short it is not bad. But I took one pax from Tampa all the way to st. Pete beach and had to drive back empty. On the rides that are further than just a few miles it cost money when you come back empty. It kind of sucks if you drive xl only you probably will not get very many rides. maybe you have a vehicle that gets better than mine at 18 miles per gallon.
If you live in Tampa and think you have no choice but to come back empty from St Pete Beach (or wherever you end up) you're not working Uber right. I expect to be all over the Bay area while I'm out, I leave my app on and work the area I just dropped off in. When it's time to go home I set my destination filter from wherever I am and hope to get a ride so I won't have to go home empty. St Pete Beach can be a very busy area, what a waste to be there, turn off and head home. Especially with your crap gas mileage!

Rakos

When I am in X/XL mode I am trying to cover expenses only and with gas that rarely happens...

but I DO get to have a little monkey FUN occasionally...that's why I do this...

couldn't be for the meager pittance I get from Uber...

of course it does help with the Uber gas card...feels a lot like the company store...

working to pay off my debt...

see ya in the coal mines...of course you have to look hard...I blend in...8)

Timben

The night that this happened to me. Was the night of the championship ball game and I did stay online the entire time I was there. I also put in my address when I was headed back to my house. Once I got back to the Tampa side of the bay I got off on Kennedy and drove Kennedy all the way through Tampa and never got a ping without having my address set as home. This was also a little bit after the game has started.

If you live in Tampa and think you have no choice but to come back empty from St Pete Beach (or wherever you end up) you're not working Uber right. I expect to be all over the Bay area while I'm out, I leave my app on and work the area I just dropped off in. When it's time to go home I set my destination filter from wherever I am and hope to get a ride so I won't have to go home empty. St Pete Beach can be a very busy area, what a waste to be there, turn off and head home. Especially with your crap gas mileage!
That's what I do.