• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Does any know this Uber Driver?

Hello All,

I recently caught a uber on 8/17/2015 and left my phone in it and am trying to track down the driver so I can try and get it back. My phone took a picture of him when he attempted to unlock the phone. Please let me know if the guy in the picture looks familiar.
photo.jpg

merkurfan

Hello All,

I recently caught a uber on 8/17/2015 and left my phone in it and am trying to track down the driver so I can try and get it back. My phone took a picture of him when he attempted to unlock the phone. Please let me know if the guy in the picture looks familiar.View attachment 11990

keep requesting and canceling before 5 minutes... eventually you'll likely get him again... Or just turn him in to the police with the photo and uber trip info.. They will figure out who he is.. You likely still have his plate number.. I think.. I drive.. I have never rode..

Raider

I found a brand new iPhone6 in my car the morning after. I returned it though, Not that I had intentions of keeping it, but everything we do is logged, how does this fat guy think he will get away with it?

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

Hello All,

I recently caught a uber on 8/17/2015 and left my phone in it and am trying to track down the driver so I can try and get it back. My phone took a picture of him when he attempted to unlock the phone. Please let me know if the guy in the picture looks familiar.View attachment 11990
Yes he looks very familiar. In fact he looks exactly like 90% of the Uber and/or Taxi drivers in every major city in the world. Do you really believe Facial Recognition is your most effective technique for identifying this gentlemen? You would have better success standing in front of the bus depot and just watching for people getting in the back seats of passenger vehicles, this would tell you who the uber drivers are. If your phone has not been returned to you within 24 hours of your trip then it is either somewhere at the bottom of the Potomac or it has been acquired by a remanufacturer/reseller. I hope you purchased the insurance plan or you know of a good commercial diver. Best of luck!

P.s - Or you could just email Uber Customer Support, if the diver is unsucessful!

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

I found a brand new iPhone6 in my car the morning after. I returned it though, Not that I had intentions of keeping it, but everything we do is logged, how does this fat guy think he will get away with it?
What is he getting away with? I believe he may be assuming this customer has given him a gift/gratuity. He is obviously stunned speechless by this passengers generosity.

merkurfan

Why don't you contact uber support? They will give you his number to call on his phone. You can also report this and they will contact him. Not sure why you didn't do this to begin with, or have you?
Does uber support respond to pax requests like they respond to us? If they do, I might just forget about the phone if it was me.

Bart McCoy

Why don't you contact uber support? They will give you his number to call on his phone. You can also report this and they will contact him. Not sure why you didn't do this to begin with, or have you?
THIS
Normally uber will give the pax the drivers ACTUAL number without consent
I mean unless you're a phone hacker,or know of phone chop shops, its pointless to keep an iphone that needs a code punched in AND that's always tracked with that findMyIphone feature. Might as well return it in hopes of a tip

Raider

THIS
Normally uber will give the pax the drivers ACTUAL number without consent
I mean unless you're a phone hacker,or know of phone chop shops, its pointless to keep an iphone that needs a code punched in AND that's always tracked with that findMyIphone feature. Might as well return it in hopes of a tip

i got $60 for returning the iphone i found. I kinda lied to her saying i live an hour away and i only come to the city on the weekends to drive. She said she would give me 60 bucks for gas and time if i came to drop it off. I live 15 minutes away, and was headed to the city to catch the Nats game anyways..

Bart McCoy

i got $60 for returning the iphone i found. I kinda lied to her saying i live an hour away and i only come to the city on the weekends to drive. She said she would give me 60 bucks for gas and time if i came to drop it off. I live 15 minutes away, and was headed to the city to catch the Nats game anyways..
lucky you
my last 2 returns just got a mere thank-you
i cant put thank you's in gas my tank, or use it to replace the lost time driving there and back,just because YOU forgot the phone
lost phone pax suck

Another Uber Driver

Man.........

GF used to watch a television show that had a regular sketch that featured some lady gotten up like a Southeast Asian Nail Salon lady whose favourite line was "He looka likea man". I forget who or what it was, now, as I heard it from time to time as I was passing through. I never watched much of it, though.

lucky you
my last 2 returns just got a mere thank-you
i cant put thank you's in gas my tank, or use it to replace the lost time driving there and back,just because YOU forgot the phone
lost phone pax suck

Who was it who stated "Austria will amaze the world with its ingatitude"? People who lose articles take a lesson from him.

Fuzzyelvis

It's possible he was trying to get it to work to find out who it belonged to. You never know. I returned a phone someone left on a table in the TX medical center by calling their mom. I would have turned it in to security if that didn't work but that was faster. Mom called them at their office.