does a scheduled pickup automatically gets assigned to another driver when I already have a fare?

Urbanappalachian

My first scheduled pickup seem to have been taken away from me because I was with a customer already but still 5 minutes from the actual time I have to have my app turned on. The scheduled pickup was for about 7:20 a.m., yet I was advised by the app to turn my app on at 6:55 a.m. I dropped my last customer around 6:50 a.m. yet I don't know why the fare was taken out of my assigned scheduled pickup fare.

MHR

Possibly. Lyft says don't worry if you're on another ride. It won't count against you if you don't make your pick-up.

I interpret that to mean, yes, we will happily give your ride away even if you can still make it just to cover our behinds.

Urbanappalachian

So my first scheduled pickup worked like this; I turned the app on 15 minutes earlier than the assigned 8:05 p.m. suggestion in turning my app on, but "luckily" I didn't get any fares during the 15 minutes the app was on so I headed towards my scheduled pickup's address using my external GPS. By 8:09 the scheduled pickup automatically routed me to the address via the Lyft app. The scheduled pickup fare was to be picked up by 8:20-8:30 p.m. so I was on time.

Last edited:
Reactions: MHR

Dropking

Yes, definitely they will give it away, or attempt to give it away to a nearby driver. They do this even when you are not already on a ride.

Reactions: MHR