Uber Drivers Forum banner

Dodge Journey gets crushed by a tank

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  gerg 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
The journey is a POS tbh. On top of that very unsafe and unreliable, you might as well just get a damn Caravan. The journey is too small and too outdated.

Of course this is in reference to use one specifically for Uber, if you already got one, having 7 seats improves your income considerably, which may cost you some tips and lower ratings but nothing you can do about that. Some of my PAX find my car's ride rough. Oh well...

If you are buying a car to use mostly for Uber I think the Mazda CX-9 is one of the top picks overall in terms of quality, cost, cost to operate, space, reliability and availability, bonus points for not being seen in a minivan or a journey (cool factor)

The dodge journey was my unfortunate Hertz rental recently, a 2015, and it had a V6 engine, with no Bluetooth.... what. The. ****. The radio had a postage stamp color screen. I would have honestly preferred a simple readout with BLUETOOTH!

#3 ·
The journey is a POS tbh. On top of that very unsafe and unreliable, you might as well just get a damn Caravan. The journey is too small and too outdated.

Of course this is in reference to use one specifically for Uber, if you already got one, having 7 seats improves your income considerably, which may cost you some tips and lower ratings but nothing you can do about that. Some of my PAX find my car's ride rough. Oh well...

If you are buying a car to use mostly for Uber I think the Mazda CX-9 is one of the top picks overall in terms of quality, cost, cost to operate, space, reliability and availability, bonus points for not being seen in a minivan (cool factor)
Hey Slave4Uber, I sent you a message.

#6 · (Edited)
You're crazy to buy a new car for Uber, unless you can get a used Lincoln MKT, I would not bother. They have already tried rolling out Lux and LuxSuv. They are very strict on the list. The MKT covers all platforms and also the new Lux if they ever roll it out. You can get one for about $24k used
Well this and tbh another CX-9 wouldn't be a bad idea if you really want a second car just for uber with good ROI. I need a second car, and it might be a CX-9 because of how cheap they are, and I love the way they drive plus being able to use XL would be nice, but I say would be because that's not the main reason I'm buying a second car another car, rideshare is too risky imo.

That said, the 2007+ Acura MDX and Volvo XC90 are a decent choice (3rd row is kinda tight) they are very reliable with good resale value even with high miles (MDX) or can be found dirt cheap (XC90). Dodge Durango, Chevy Traverse, minivans should all be considered if you want to spend the least and get the most back. UberX only cars and SUV's are a no.

MKT is a great option as well as long as you get a 2011+ but it is not too reliable with early EcoBoost models, Ford Flex.. i could go on and on. The list to of cars to avoid is the one to be aware of.

#9 ·
You're crazy to buy a new car for Uber, unless you can get a used Lincoln MKT, I would not bother. They have already tried rolling out Lux and LuxSuv. They are very strict on the list. The MKT covers all platforms and also the new Lux if they ever roll it out. You can get one for about $24k used
Hey, thanks for your message. But am not gonna buy a used one am planning to buy a new one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.