Do you wish to stay online?

How do I prevent this annoying autologoff option? Im using android and unless I have the app on and on screen display after 5mins it asks me would you like to remain online?

Its so annoying!

As soon as I browse the net It bugs the sh#*# outa me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ofcourse I want to remain online! When there are no jobs I just park my car and browse the web till I get a job. So I find it very annoying that like after 5mins or 10mins it asks me again do you want to stay online. When I want to go offline I will simply log off myself. This is such a @@@@@@ed function that serves to only annoy drivers if they dont have the app ON SCREEN 24X7 until death do you part.

Surely there must be a hack around this?

HumungousDill

Ofcourse I want to remain online! When there are no jobs I just park my car and browse the web till I get a job. So I find it very annoying that like after 5mins or 10mins it asks me again do you want to stay online. When I want to go offline I will simply log off myself. This is such a ******ed function that serves to only annoy drivers if they dont have the app ON SCREEN 24X7 until death do you part.

Even if you are browsing the web or playing games with the App running in the background, the driver App will ask you after 10 minutes or so whether if you want to stay online or not before it switches offline. So I don't see the problem.

That is the problem! It disturbs me from my browsing! I will log off when I feel like logging off. You dont need to check with me 6 times in 1 hr of me sitting there and trying to read the news "would you like to remain online?"

It's annoying as hell!

NickyBoy

...You dont need to check with me 6 times in 1 hr ...
it is a pain in the arse... coz occasionally I've been put offline without the warning also....

Thinking hmmm been a loooooooooong time since I've had a ping ..... checking - oh, that would be coz I'm OFFLINE doh :mad:

Yeh exactly mate! The amount of times its discretely logged me off cause of this bs function is just becoming a joke now.

There has to be some way to disable this crap!

Im here to get a ping, not be reminded 6 times in an hour of the fact there aint no jobs and you must reaffirm this fact to remain online.

Atleast change it to once an hr!

Instyle

Serves as a bit of a hazard to be honest!

Just about to enter the motorway (Log off).. can be done without taking your eyes off the road. Glance down a few seconds later once I'm at cruising speed "Are you sure?" "Riders need you" "Come on we know you want to be online" "I love you" "Please come back" sure enough you've then got to divert attention from driving to focus your eyesight onto two little buttons hoping to get the one that logs you off and not crash the car at the same time all before another request comes in thats 5 mins away in distance but 25 mins away in driving to the next overpass to turn around.

Safety hazard

tohunt4me

How do I prevent this annoying autologoff option? Im using android and unless I have the app on and on screen display after 5mins it asks me would you like to remain online?

Its so annoying!

No.

I do not wish to stay online.

Just subsidize me like China.

I'm going home to sleep.

tohunt4me

Ofcourse I want to remain online! When there are no jobs I just park my car and browse the web till I get a job. So I find it very annoying that like after 5mins or 10mins it asks me again do you want to stay online. When I want to go offline I will simply log off myself. This is such a ******ed function that serves to only annoy drivers if they dont have the app ON SCREEN 24X7 until death do you part.

They can't proclaim " Uber Drivers make up to $7.00 an hour !"
If you stay on line with no work.

Reversoul

Its so annoying!

It's super annoying.

I was griping about this just the other day.

As if we're supposed to just stare at the app all day. When I'm waiting for a ping I like to browse aka wreak havoc on this site.

It's bad enough I have dreams about uber. Imagine that, I'm so engulfed in this gig that it seeps into my dreams (nightmares).

Instyle

Another phone or tablet with NO sim and use the Hotspot feature on your existing serviced phone.

LevelX

You can't make an emergency call from a phone with no sim, is my understanding.
No you can..... Try dialing, 000 or 911 or 112 and it will go through.

Emergency calls use ANY network available, even if its not your network.

EDIT

Dialling 000 won't work without a sim (although you don't need any credit etc).
No it will work, if it has the Australian Austick sticker on it (ie sold in Australia as Australian stock). Its one of the requirements to get that.