Do you Uber drivers take uber pool when you request a ride?

As much as I hate taking pool as a driver, whenever I need to use Uber to go out the weekends, I do request pool. Now I make sure that I do tip the driver. Usually my rides are $3-$4 pools or as low as $1.75 when I get the 50% discounts through Uber. I tip $5 each way. What about you all? Any of you,take pool when you are a rider and drive for Uber?

TravisNJ

No, I refuse to utilize a service I do not want others to use. I paid an extra 2-3 for each of my 10 trips in Philly to not use POOL.

4-WARNED

As much as I hate taking pool as a driver, whenever I need to use Uber to go out the weekends, I do request pool. Now I make sure that I do tip the driver. Usually my rides are $3-$4 pools or as low as $1.75 when I get the 50% discounts through Uber. I tip $5 each way. What about you all? Any of you,take pool when you are a rider and drive for Uber?
On those pool rides you took, how many times was there a matched rider?

Ben To

I take Pool because of the fixed rates. I don't trust other drivers in any city, nor do I trust traffic at any time. I do not want to be racking up a $0.13-0.15/minute charge for slow and inefficient driver's. I most certainly do tip, depending on the driver. The only time I didn't tip was when a driver was on the phone the entire time. In that case, the 5 stars was his tip.

In the event that I am in a rush during the rush hour $3 Pool Rides, I would much rather request 2 Pool Rides, from 2 phones for 2 people each, and hope that I'd get the same driver on both. $8 for an UberX ride that could easily run me $25+ seems legit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I got matched on the ride over and was already matched on the ride back. Keep in mind, I live in South Beach and usually go on Uber Pool to go to Brickell, south Beach or Wynwood. The driver is getting more money from me then what Uber gets.

warrior lady

What is this 50% off you can get from Uber? Do drivers' get discounts for taking rides? If so, that would be a great extra.

Uber chick in miami

I take Pool because of the fixed rates. I don't trust other drivers in any city, nor do I trust traffic at any time. I do not want to be racking up a $0.13-0.15/minute charge for slow and inefficient driver's. I most certainly do tip, depending on the driver. The only time I didn't tip was when a driver was on the phone the entire time. In that case, the 5 stars was his tip.

In the event that I am in a rush during the rush hour $3 Pool Rides, I would much rather request 2 Pool Rides, from 2 phones for 2 people each, and hope that I'd get the same driver on both. $8 for an UberX ride that could easily run me $25+ seems legit.
Wow! What a new low! How much do you tip?

ShadyBrady

I heard some good news from an X pax last night. She told me that she was excited when Uber popped up the $3 pool rides, but then pissed off when she learned that she wasn't in one of the included areas. Nice to hear a pax complain about Uber's pushing the pool crap at them. I encouraged her to contact Uber to complain.

Ben To

Wow! What a new low! How much do you tip?
New low? You realize that driver's make $0.08 less per mile and $0.02 less per minute on a Pool ride, right? 10 miles / 10 minutes = $1.

I usually leave 1 gallon of gas worth, $2-3, or $5 if they were that good. A few times, I've left them $10.

Ca$h is King... I'm not going to pay UBER More and still leave a tip. These $3 Pool rides are a loser on long distances. Let them lose. UberPool is here to stay, one rider opting for UberX vs. Pool will not make a difference.

Last edited:

Uber chick in miami

New low? You realize that driver's make $0.08 less per mile and $0.02 less per minute on a Pool ride, right? 10 miles / 10 minutes = $1.

I usually leave 1 gallon of gas worth, $2-3, or $5 if they were that good. A few times, I've left them $10.

Ca$h is King... I'm not going to pay UBER More and still leave a tip. These $3 Pool rides are a loser on long distances. Let them lose. UberPool is here to stay, one rider opting for UberX vs. Pool will not make a difference.
I don't see your point. But to each their own. I still think it's a new low and a whole lot of extra work ordering from 2 different and all kinds of trickery. Sounds pretty cheap and petty.

Reversoul

It's weird, but I've never used uber as a rider before. I've always meant to try it, but never did.

I've been driving for uber for 6 months

Ben To

Yeah your right, you caught me... eyeroll
The good thing is I won't ever get you as a passenger because you'd be too cheap to request lux.
I get Lux Drivers JUST LIKE you for UberX and UberPool prices.

Why pay more?!

Go get your $0.5625/mile on your LuX car requiring premium... Go on, Get!

4-WARNED

Yeah, but you haven't calculated the bigger impact to that Pool Driver's earnings per hour because he now finds himself waiting longer between trips because Pool Driver#2 takes a matched rider who could have been riding in Pool Driver#1's car at potentially $0.85 per mile / $0.13 per minute.

Ben To

Yeah, but you haven't calculated the bigger impact to that Pool Driver's earnings per hour because he now finds himself waiting longer between trips because Pool Driver#2 takes a matched rider who could have been riding in Pool Driver#1's car at potentially $0.85 per mile / $0.13 per minute.
I'm against Pool just as much as you are, I'm just another driver. There's no doubt that UberPool does not benefit any driver, whatsoever.

Do you know what they did in San Diego? They raised rates, but implemented Pool, simultaneously. If we didn't have so many driver's, and so many driver's taking Pool... our rates would in turn, increase.

As far as the original point in question... I take Pool, but I pay tip. Period. So I'm in the clear, despite of other users' replies and views. The driver makes more than the pathetic $0.85/$0.13 you're interested in.

I started when the rates were $0.95/$0.15. Since then, I am a Surge Only Driver for Uber.