Do you try and park in the shade ?

Roadmasta

I hardly ever drove during the day but if I did it was busy, this is a side gig. If your waiting for a ride a base rates your doing it wrong.

tohunt4me

It's been a here battle lately.

Everyone is already sitting on the side of the street I need in the afternoon to stay cool.

In front of 5+ story condos is the best usually, but we've got some huge 60+ year old shade trees on almost every block where I hang out, and those work pretty good too.

I had to sit in the sun today for almost an hour mid afternoon because everyone was home it seemed (working remotely ?)..........:speechless::sick:............it was 85 degrees, and those black leather seats I've got were not my first choice. Was getting throttled because I had a non-stop run going since 1100 AM and was way ahead of the algo's earning curve.

View attachment 490447
Watch out for Berries & Birds !

I parked under a tree once . . .

Sounded like a Hail Storm.

I didnt know birds could pass a seed that big !

Until i had hundreds stuck to my Roof !

Mkang14

.......like a bee 🐝

Depress brake peddle and Push Start ⭕
buzzzzzzzzzzzz
JUST like a bee 🐝

Last edited:

Fusion_LUser

Last summer we had 100° weather during the days so I had a couple of nice spots with shade where I could park with the window down and it was actually not hot at all while waiting for pax. Fortunately I rarely had to wait more than 15 minutes so the car never really got hot inside.

Depending on which area I haunt for rides I have a few good spots I like to sit at. With one area I will break my rules and rive the 1-3 miles back to my spot vs sitting someplace near where I drop off my pax.

FLKeys

I know all the spots with shade in my area, and that shade varies by time of day and time of year. I don't burn gas waiting on pings, I park and wait.

Before Covid I would sit in fast food restaurants and wait in the A/C for my next ping. I know all the managers and they have no issue with me filling my cup with Ice water or Iced Tea. One fast food restaurant tells me to come anytime I want the owner even feeds me for free when I ant to eat. I used to work in the restaurant industry long ago down here and he appreciates my knowledge and expertise. One of his mangers told me I have increased their volume by 12% from just one piece of advice.

Mkang14

I know all the spots with shade in my area, and that shade varies by time of day and time of year. I don't burn gas waiting on pings, I park and wait.

Before Covid I would sit in fast food restaurants and wait in the A/C for my next ping. I know all the managers and they have no issue with me filling my cup with Ice water or Iced Tea. One fast food restaurant tells me to come anytime I want the owner even feeds me for free when I ant to eat. I used to work in the restaurant industry long ago down here and he appreciates my knowledge and expertise. One of his mangers told me I have increased their volume by 12% from just one piece of advice.
Best way to get free or extra, is being pregnant.

I milked it for all it's worth 🤰. No one says "no" to a sweet, fragile pregnant lady.

FLKeys

That's pretty cool. (Literally and figuratively.)

What was the advice you gave him that was so helpful?

I helped them set up a monthly contest for Tour Bus drivers and the Tour Guides on the tour buses that pass by every day (Pre Covid-19).

They would get an occasional bus that stopped there and like most places would feed the driver and guide for free. Well when I worked in the industry we kept 2 log books one for drivers and one for tour guides. They entered their name on every visit and at the end of each month every visit gave them an entry into a drawing for $50 in cash for 1 driver and 1 guide. I explained all of this to first the manager and later the owner. Word of mouth traveled fast among the drivers and guides and before they knew it they were getting multiple bus visits a day, buses would stop on the way by in the morning and come back on the way back in the evening. Each bus averages 40 people and most want at least a small snack and drink.

The place I worked at many years ago changed ownership shortly after I left and the new owners did not continue doing it. They eventually lost the booming tour bus business they used to have.