Do you think uber actually changes the rating?

Jerseyguy72

when you request a rating change for a pax do you think it actually gets changed for you or is it set up so we just get the canned response so we feel like they did it?

Cane

I was thinking the same thing. Knowing them, and how some of us refuse to pick up low rated passengers, I doubt they actually do it.

ftimmy

It's possible. One thing I have always found odd is that there are almost no passengers that are under 4.0. Every rare once in a while you see one but they are almost non-existent. They must be doing something to normalize the passenger ratings.

ibeam23

It's possible. One thing I have always found odd is that there are almost no passengers that are under 4.0. Every rare once in a while you see one but they are almost non-existent. They must be doing something to normalize the passenger ratings.
True. Most of the pings I get are in the 4.5 - 5.0 range. I'd have to say the average that I see is 4.7 but I have seen pings around 3.5 before but never accept those.

reg barclay

when you request a rating change for a pax do you think it actually gets changed for you or is it set up so we just get the canned response so we feel like they did it?
My general rule is that any conspiracy theory where the conspirator has little to gain, a lot to lose and a high chance of getting found out is likely untrue. All these things apply here. For goodness sakes anyone could uncover such a conspiracy by testing it with their spouse/friend, etc, plus Uber would likely have to involve lower level workers in this, any of whom could blab to the media about it. And for what, so that a few picky drivers might pick up an extra pax because their rating is 0.02 higher.

Xris Xros

My general rule is that any conspiracy theory where the conspirator has little to gain, a lot to lose and a high chance of getting found out is likely untrue. All these things apply here. For goodness sakes anyone could uncover such a conspiracy by testing it with their spouse/friend, etc, plus Uber would likely have to involve lower level workers in this, any of whom could blab to the media about it. And for what, so that a few picky drivers might pick up an extra pax because their rating is 0.02 higher.
Good laugh.

jerseyboys

Not really a theory, just a question.

Well why don't you get a friend and get your question answered.

Set-up a new account. They are going to start with 5. Go around the block or whatever. End the trip. Give them a 5.

Next day change it to 1. Ask your friend about their rating.

BOOM. Your question is answered.

reg barclay

Well why don't you get a friend and get your question answered.

Set-up a new account. They are going to start with 5. Go around the block or whatever. End the trip. Give them a 5.
I think a new pax might have to complete a certain number of rides before their rating changes from 5, so I don't know if it would work.

MadePenniesToday

I think a new pax might have to complete a certain number of rides before their rating changes from 5, so I don't know if it would work.

I've only taken 2 rides and I cannot see my rating.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170914-084347.png
    Screenshot_20170914-084347.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 36

reg barclay

I've only taken 2 rides and I cannot see my rating.
In that case I imagine that until 5 rides drivers see the pax rating as 5.

My guess is that they do this because if a pax happened to get a 1 star rating on their first ride it would give them a low rating straight away and drivers wouldn't want to pick them up anymore. I think they do something similar for driver ratings too.

jerseyboys

and where did you hear this from?

someone who is 5 stars and get's a 1 star. Is not going to stay at 5 stars. Doesn't matter if it's his or her first ride.

pvtandrewmalone

They do change it.

I had a 4.8 pax that I 1 starred on MDW, after he 1 starred me for no apparent reason on a 2 block ride. He has a unique name so very easy to remember.

Next day I get pinged by him again and he was 4.62. He cancelled immediately.

Got pinged by him a 3rd time late in the summer. By now he is a 4.5. So I take a Lyft ride and ignore his calls. He cancels about 10 minutes later and I get a cancel fee. Now we are even.

Ardery

True. Most of the pings I get are in the 4.5 - 5.0 range. I'd have to say the average that I see is 4.7 but I have seen pings around 3.5 before but never accept those.
I saw my first 4.2 today. I couldn't have clicked "decline" faster.

They do change it.

I had a 4.8 pax that I 1 starred on MDW, after he 1 starred me for no apparent reason on a 2 block ride. He has a unique name so very easy to remember.

Next day I get pinged by him again and he was 4.62. He cancelled immediately.

Got pinged by him a 3rd time late in the summer. By now he is a 4.5. So I take a Lyft ride and ignore his calls. He cancels about 10 minutes later and I get a cancel fee. Now we are even.
how is this possible? if either of you one-star the other, you're blocked from being matched w that rider in the future.

SuzeCB

how is this possible? if either of you one-star the other, you're blocked from being matched w that rider in the future.

Not true on Uber. You have to make a complaint and asked not to be matched with the rider again. Or they can do it to you.

Cane

I saw my first 4.99. Did they really think this rating was going to make me drive 17 minutes away for it? Lmao. I honestly don't believe these ratings anymore.

Attachments

• IMG_0476.PNG
    IMG_0476.PNG
    94.5 KB · Views: 30

Ardery

Not true on Uber. You have to make a complaint and asked not to be matched with the rider again. Or they can do it to you.
oh sht. I thought a 1 automatically blocked further matches w same pax. good to know now.