Do you support banning pre 2009 car & regulations

Should uber allow pre 2009 cars to continue to operate

• yes

Votes: 24 58.5%
  • no

Votes: 17 41.5%

• Total voters

UberxGTA

I support the city of toronto s regulations, inspections, and 2009 vehicle requirement.Without such regulations it will be impossible to earn good cash, and the city will be flooded with cars.
The city will be flooded anyways with more cars. The number of cars after July 15 will eventually be greater than before July 15. The new regs won't alter that reality.

UberxGTA

This question is irrelevant. It's not up to Uber to allow vehicle age cars, it's the toronto city council that controlled that and the vote is done, passed, and implemented.
That being said, you can still drive outside of Toronto albeit at a much lower earning level.

Actionjax

It's not Uber that's not allowing 2009 cars to operate it's the city. So the question you are asking in the poll is incorrect. Uber has no choice in this.

I know many cars that are pre 2009 that are in better condition than a 2014 car and in better shape too.

Token44

This whole thread is funny.

It used to be city councillors, and taxi companies wanting UBER banned, and UBER drivers were together wanting to be able to operate in cities.

Now UBER drivers want other UBER drivers banned.

Seems the "enemy" just got closer.

Greed is a powerful thing.

Gill002

It used to be city councillors, and taxi companies wanting UBER banned, and UBER drivers were together wanting to be able to operate in cities.

Not greed you dumbass. You can go buy a 2009 car today and start today

Less drivers means more income, simple
Do you want it to be like the states? Where people don't earn shit and rates keep going down

Token44

Not greed you dumbass. You can go buy a 2009 car today and start today

Less drivers means more income, simple
Do you want it to be like the states? Where people don't earn shit and rates keep going down
You said it yourself. Less drivers means more income.

The definition of greed is "intense and selfish desire for something." Keyword SELFISH

You not knowing that just clearly articulates who the dumbass really is.

Actionjax

Yep...this is what the Taxi industry was all about Pre Uber. Cars would fight with each other for the business. Uber shows up and they all see Uber as the enemy. And Uber drivers see each other as the enemy.

I think the enemy is bad drivers giving bad service. If you weed those out the good drivers will have lots of customers.

This would be a good thing if Uber implemented a favorite drivers and Avoid drivers option. Could weed out the competition all on their own. And the picky customers will just wait longer for a ride. Also if enough drivers could avoid bad customers then customers will be better behaved. Big win for the industry overall.

Gill002

It's like you getting a raise at work, would you feel bad for the other employees? No you'd think its good for you. You want me to start a Kickstarter campaign for your 2009 car?
You should've seen this coming since the day regulations were announced

I don't understand the surprise. I was waiting for this and I am happy
Who wouldn't be?

Token44

I was waiting for this and I am happy
Who wouldn't be?
Those who are not driven by greed!

BTW. My car is a 2015, and I'm still operating on X and SELECT thank you very much.

I just don't see the need in stabbing other drivers to get that one more fare.

It's unfortunate for those who were working hard and are now unable, or have to go outside the city.

The question in the op was do you support banning of pre 2009 cars. On that basis alone. I would say no, I don't support that.

Unfortunately it makes no difference what i do and don't support as it's been decided by the city.

Those that are jumping all over "get these guys of the road" are quite simply driven by their own self serving greed.

Myxx

It's really simple people.... This business has now evolved and is regulated by the City..

You MUST upgrade your equipment/technology to stay in business and driving Uber is no different. It's sad to see the number of drivers that have been dropped from the Toronto platform due to obsolescence however they do have the opportunity to upgrade and come back. That's a better opportunity than Blockbuster Video, your favorite record store and the milkman had.

uber fool

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's not Uber that's not allowing 2009 cars to operate it's the city. So the question you are asking in the poll is incorrect. Uber has no choice in this.

I know many cars that are pre 2009 that are in better condition than a 2014 car and in better shape too.
No, the question is correct Uber could ignore the regulations and let the 08 remain on the platform just as they are doing now.
This for me comes down to honesty when you say your gonna do something do it. Your word is your bond keep it at all times
And yes i did rip that off from Michelle Obama

Actionjax

No, the question is correct Uber could ignore the regulations and let the 08 remain on the platform just as they are doing now.
This for me comes down to honesty when you say your gonna do something do it. Your word is your bond keep it at all times
Why would Uber risk breaking the rules when they worked so hard to change them to their favor?

UberxGTA

08 vehicle are being removed from uberx in Toronto as we write this.
Regulations won't determine your income. Your Driver IQ and Driver Efficiency does or $Gross Fare/Trip and #Trips/Hour.

Ryhar46

I drive an '08 Honda Pilot and I've actually gotten a good number of compliments on how clean and comfortable it is. I was just deactivated from picking up Toronto fares last night, which is disappointing.

I get that we're all doing this to make money, but I'd never be happy about those putting in honest work but are unable to do it anymore. I've got a kid at home and I'm losing my job at the end of August (company is shutting down), so I've been driving Uber to supplement my income and put some money aside, which has worked out pretty well even after vehicle expenses. I've got no respect for someone like OP who is happy that there are those who either can't do the work, or have to go outside city limits just to see what they can get. What happened to everyone supporting one another?

Token44

What happened to everyone supporting one another?
Unfortunately support is now just a word in the dictionary... Somewhere between sh!t and syphilis.
So many people are out for themselves and all else be dammed.

It's unfortunate that your are unable to continue in Toronto, but the rules were announced in May, so at least you've had some time to develop a strategy.

Ryhar46

There is no strategy that I could have developed. It's not like I could just get out there, sell the truck I bought last year, and be able to afford something newer. If it was that easy I would have did it by now.

Once the new rules were released I accepted the fact that my time driving in Toronto would be up, but that doesn't make it any less disappointing. I just think it's a shame that others are actually happy about this.