• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Do you stop at McDonalds for passengers?

Nonya busy

Passenger was angry because I didn't stop at McDonalds, then requested I speed to hurry to get to the destination. Told her speed limit was 30mph, she got angry at that as well.

I recently realized we virtually don't get paid for waiting only 15 to 20 cents per minute.

Moreover, learned from experience riders always leave a mess in the car and companies won't refund or at least it's a big fight.

I have a luxury black car but have to do mostly x or lyft to make money. X and lyft passengers tend to be more of a pain than a profit.

Any advice how to handle this?

Goduckies

Ratings don't matter unles you are in the low 4.7 or below amounts.... i am at 4.84 and i never stop...

DrivingForYou

I tell passengers:

"While we aren't paid for time, I am more than happy to wait for you for tips".

Wonder how I get $20 tips? That's how.

Coachman

Passengers are getting wise. They set the original destination to McDonalds, then once you get there they update to their final destination. You still aren't obligated to wait in the drive-thru. But at least they get you there.

unPat

Passenger was angry because I didn't stop at McDonalds, then requested I speed to hurry to get to the destination. Told her speed limit was 30mph, she got angry at that as well.

I recently realized we virtually don't get paid for waiting only 15 to 20 cents per minute.

Moreover, learned from experience riders always leave a mess in the car and companies won't refund or at least it's a big fight.

I have a luxury black car but have to do mostly x or lyft to make money. X and lyft passengers tend to be more of a pain than a profit.

If it’s surging and there are not 20 cars unless I see a $20 bill it’s not happening. But during the day or evening I don’t mind .

Reactions: MHR

Nonya busy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If your ratings are that low it’s from a lot more than a rider that demanded McDonald’s unless you don’t have many rides given.
Ratings went down on Lyft when I started giving passengers negative reviews. I believe Lyft does a terrible job of hiding how you rated pax, so they revenge review. Doesn't make sense because most Lyft rides I get tipped. Uber ratings is good.

BTW, I don't trust Lyft. I got a critical incident report investigation from a false accusation. Really sucks because I do black car but no demand so I have to take regular Lyft rides. This is where I have trouble with the riff raff.

I also believe Lyft trying to cya because I signed up for black car service. I get maybe 3 pings a week for black car so I'm forced to do regular and refuse to do line. This was the case when my rating was 4.8+ as well. I'm sure they can get sued for false advertising, so maybe they're trying to cya. Don't know but something is really fishy.

I know Uber and Lyft's ratings are different, but something is really fishy with Lyft.

istravisthewizardofoz

Just tell them you are ride share and your on your way and late going to your destination.

Another Uber Driver

Passenger was angry because I didn't stop at McDonalds, then requested I speed to hurry to get to the destination. Any advice how to handle this?
Two minutes past you had all the time in the world to sit in the endless drive-through queue at Icky-D's and now you want me to hurry? What changed, Sirrah? (or Madame)

Unless it is surging 3 or 4x or more, then &%$@!* no.
A surge is all the more reason not to do drive-through.