Do you still get long trip warning?

Kbubs

Was curious if anyone still gets those long trip warnings on the ping screen? I recently have been getting hour+ trip requests but the ping screen doesn't show a warning. When I arrive the uber navi says 40 minutes but my navigation on Google maps says 1.5 hours. I've noticed the uber navigation is way off.

Strange Fruit

I've never had one ever. Uber nav is not very good. And sometimes it will take you a slower way if that way is shorter. With Pool it will definitely go the slower way if that way is more likely to have people added. U should ignore Uber nav and drive like it's the 20th century. It'll restore brain cells too. Brains atrophy if u don't use them. Mine has anyways

Uberdancer

...Uber nav is not very good. And sometimes it will take you a slower way if that way is shorter. With Pool it will definitely go the slower way if that way is more likely to have people added. U should ignore Uber nav and drive like it's the 20th century...

... and the rider who is following the route on the app will 3-star you for not taking the route that is outlined in the app thinking you're long-hauling them ...

Strange Fruit

... and the rider who is following the route on the app will 3-star you for not taking the route that is outlined in the app thinking you're long-hauling them ...
I comfortable with my 4.7. Navigation is my #2 badge, after music. In 2015 there was more suspicion with not following nav (those wary eyes looking annoyed in the rea4 view). But I think by now all the riders have had the out of town driver doing something wrong and saying "I'm just following nav", so I don't notice nearly as many wary riders lately.

Uberdancer

IMG_0908.JPG
... methinks if you take a "long trip" here and there you don't get a warning ... so take one here and there ... so it looks like you're not gaming the system ...

Kbubs

After contacting support of course their response is:

1. Log out log back in
2. Uninstall and reinstall app
3. Make sure your location is on (no f*ckin sh*t)
4. It may not be available in you're area
5. Our system can not take into account traffic and other delays.

After the last one I told them it's funny how your system navigation will convienently say 44 minutes to destination and still say that 15 minutes into the drive.

5070bolo

Never had one.. I got played twice with a long trip . Did one had to decline the other.. Wondering if it was just me.

Philbert

I'm guessing they took it out for Bay Area market because they figured that 50% of all rides at rush hour are longer than 45 minutes with all our traffic.