1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Do you pick up passangers with dogs?

Discussion in 'New York City' started by elys123, Jul 16, 2017.

1. elys123

elys123 Member

Hi everyone, yesterday I received a ride from Lyft, I arrived and they asked me if I am okay with the dog. I said I am allergic to dogs and one of them said but it won't **** and it is a service animal, the other one said it is just 5 minutes ride and then I said okay and got them. In the evening when I was checking my emails, I realized that they gave me 5 stars but put a note as he hessitated to take our dog, but it is a service animal. Maybe they were just lying so I am just wondering how do you understand if it is a service animal or not?

2. unitxero

unitxero Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You don't get the option to verify if it's a service animal or not. If you see a dog and you don't want to take it. Just keep driving and do not charge the rider when you cancel. If you arrive and are waiting for pick up.. And they show up with a 'service animal' you're forced to take them.

I've taken a handful of dogs, none have ever made a mess or made a stink. People around here seem to carry dogs in bags. Makes it pretty easy to take them.

popcollar2014 likes this.
  3. Uberinian

Uberinian Well-Known Member

You should have just hung up and cancelled the ride.

Or arrive and if you see a dog, cancel.

I don't pickup dogs, no. Because I have fabric seats and don't want fur to get all over the place. Also because many dogs I've picked up in the past straight up stink. I've never owned a dog.. So I'm wondering if all dogs just smell like that? They straight up stink and I need to open the window. I have a cat for 5 years and he smells very clean, like a blanket that's been washed and just taken out of the dryer.

So no, I don't pick them up, they can stick that "service animal" **** up thier ass. I'm canceling and driving off.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  4. Dumdum pool

Dumdum pool Well-Known Member

I also have taken a few dogs . Maybe about two or three was outside of a cage one Pax must have told the dog to shut up and not say nothing because I did not notice they had a dog until they were getting out .. Since uber is so damn cheap these people will take their dogs for a walk and take a uber back home . What is a damn $7 ride to them ..

jaybx17, Wardell Curry and Uberinian like this.
  5. Wardell Curry

Wardell Curry Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I picked up yesterday, 2 girls with a dog, a cage for the dog and an ironing board. They immediately called to tell me they had a dog. I asked if they would carry it and they said yes. I arrive. The ironing board fits in my trunk. The cage doesnt but I put it in my back seat. Clean cage so no problem. Get this. It was a 5 minute trip but I swear this dog would have attacked me if it didnt like the girls so much. Apparently they were taking it to some therapy group to get emotional counseling cause it had anxiety. Wtf? Trip ends and I get min fare with 3 dollar tip.

Uberinian likes this.

6. Jim1985

Jim1985 Well-Known Member

Are you mad? If they report you to the TLC for saying you are allergic to dogs you can kiss your license goodbye. Once you show up and see a dog either take it or dont stop. Dont try to ask if its service or not. More than likely they can always lie and you would be in trouble for it.

ubernyc, lyas, Oh-Lord and 1 other person like this.
  7. Dumdum pool

That's crazy this is what uber had become dogs and bums transportation.

8. Dumdum pool

9. Wardell Curry

Wardell Curry Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Wait till a driver dies because of an allergic reaction to the animal's fur. ****in stupid rules in place all over.

10. Dumdum pool

This is just going to make me look out more when picking up pax .. when rolling up to a pick up location if I see people standing with dogs will drive right on by .. dogs in a cage I could deal with but GTFOH my daughter have to sit in the back of my car I will be damn I have a dog sitting on my seats where my daughter sits .

IMG_1701.PNG

jaybx17 and Wardell Curry like this.
  11. Bklyndriver

Bklyndriver Active Member

Driving:
    UberX

I agree. If was my own car I would never accept a dog. I'm renting so I've had about 3-4 trios with dogs. I don't use the car for personal use or family. Barely get a car wash lol

12. Jim1985

What you fellows got to do is take the damm dog and get your 40 cleaning fee everytime. You can vaccum it yoursle at a gas station for 3 dollars. 37 right there everytime someone picks up a dog. We may have to take em but nothing says we have to clean after them

13. bigdreamslittlemoney

bigdreamslittlemoney Well-Known Member

if it was just cleaning i would be ok after seeing the hole one made in my friends leather seats. no thank you they gave him 200 lol if he had done the repair with a pro it would have cost him 400 to 700. even a do it self kit at home was 80 dollars (cheapest no guarantee will match yours better ones 130 to 150 dollars). plus clean glue dry dye the whole process was about 6 - 8 hrs. No thank you. I helped him do the repair hell no not doing it again.

14. Jim1985

Damm that sucks. I got leather seats too. I always tell em to hold the dog in their lap or to put it on the floor. I guess if you dont have leather is more beneficial. Consireding the amount of le's should be hard

15. bigdreamslittlemoney

bigdreamslittlemoney Well-Known Member

even considering the dogs i bought a pet cover for dogs (it is similar to the one picture but cheaper got it for 12 bucks on ebay). guess what only one gave me 5 stars rest all less than 5 stars. (lol i did care then now don't care). Hell no not doing that again.I love most pets but most NYC pet owners think their dogs are more important than our livelyhood.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QHC02EY/?tag=ubne0c-20

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  16. FuberNYC

FuberNYC Well-Known Member

I have taken dogs in the past on my Pathfinder, twice to be exact. First dog was snoring while awake (French Bulldog) and second one was a mutt that was shedding like hell...had his hair all over the back of my car for a long time...I'd vacuum my car twice a week and would still find it's hair/fur after months
    Luckily, my base has never sent me jobs for passengers with pets so far

17. Bklyndriver

Bklyndriver Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Which base do you work for?

18. Dumdum pool

Lol..

FuberNYC, Jim1985 and jaybx17 like this.
  19. Jim1985

Yea tell us so we all can join! Jeez lmao.

FuberNYC and jaybx17 like this.
  20. jaybx17

jaybx17 Well-Known Member

Whatever you do don't join UBER-EINUNDZWANZIG base :confused:

FuberNYC likes this.