Do you lose a surge if you tinker with your availabilities (X, Eats, Pet, Pool) once you have it?

Daisey77

I know if you went from select down to X , you did lose the surge because select surges at a different rate than x. However, if the platforms surge at the same amount, you don't lose it.

MissAnne

I tried this last Saturday, downtown Salt Lake was surging at an extra $5 per trip, so I turned on UberX got the $5 sticky, and turned off UberX, the sticky $5 was there but I DID NOT get it on my next UberEats trip.

Krunch

I tried this last Saturday, downtown Salt Lake was surging at an extra $5 per trip, so I turned on UberX got the $5 sticky, and turned off UberX, the sticky $5 was there but I DID NOT get it on my next UberEats trip.
Turn on Uber Eats then turn on Pets or Connect THEN switch off UberX - you will always keep the surge.

UberChiefPIT

This. You’ll keep that sticky surge, without it applying to any eats trips, until you turn x back on and take an x ride.

34-Methoxyzacko

I’ve been using Uber Pet as a means of collecting surges for Eats for some time now, I can safely say the chances of getting a Pet ride is slim to none.
Indeed. I have had, to date, precisely ONE.
Funny thing was— I don’t think the girl HAD a pet with her. She immediately hopped in, right behind me (usually a pet peeve, no pun intended— but this was a short one w/ a $5.50 sticky attached, AND I was genuinely curious to know what “Pet” pays ME). So anyway, she spent the whole ‘4min. East’ explaining just how tiny this “new dog” of hers was. On drop off, she was OUT the door & outta sight almost instantly.
She did mention having a “Promo for Pet, and since she had her dog with her, she might as well order the appropriate ride.” 😒😅
All said, that was an inflated minimum fare on a Tuesday. And for the record— “Pet” itself paid more than the [shamefully low] DFW minimum $2.85 (by adding $3.75). Easy $11-12 run. 🤷🏻
Haven’t had one since. HAVE “salvaged surges” 😁