Do you load luggage for your UberX passengers?

Do you load luggage for your UberX passengers

• Yes

• No

• Depends on the circumstance but mostly yes

• Depends on the circumstance but mostly no

Results are only viewable after voting.

andaas

Primarily, I load/unload luggage to ensure that *my* property is not harmed. I don't care about the passenger struggling or injuring themselves, but I do NOT want them causing damage to my vehicle.

If there is luggage or items going into or out of my trunk, I am at least standing next to the person to ensure things are handled correctly.

ExpendableAsset

I always handle bags for passengers of all types. Mostly I do it because I value professionalism, but protecting your property against careless passengers is an excellent reason (as are more frequent tips).

HotRodriguez75

I am going for them 5*'s. The heck with them tips.

Only kidding, I load and unload to protect my property, stretch my legs, and shut the trunk. Now I need to figure out door slammers.

Uberisthenewpoor

Those d*** door slammers!! And yes, only load to protect my car. Somewhat unrelated, I actually had a guy who was pretty nice say as he was getting out "thank you, I'll tip you five stars" And shut the door before he could hear my sarcasm. He earned that 1 star in the last second!

UberMeansSuper

I know it's been said 76,000 above, but, yup, I only load/unload because I don't want my bumper or side panels scratched up by the little wheels and zippers.

Same with grocery runs; it's just so they don't lean the stupid supermarket cart/buggy/trolley on my car.

HotRodriguez75

I try to do it in most cases so they realize a tip may be in order or atleast a good rating. Funny the cheap, no tip passengers often tell me I got it and load the luggage themselves.
Funny response would be, "It's okay, I know your cheap ass isn't going to tip and definitely will not pay for the damage when you throw your luggage in my trunk. Back up from the luggage, get your ass in the car, let me handle it!"

uberparadise

image.jpg
Funny response would be, "It's okay, I know your cheap ass isn't going to tip and definitely will not pay for the damage when you throw your luggage in my trunk. Back up from the luggage, get your ass in the car, let me handle it!"
Then they get to read my tip sign. Here is a picture: Maybe it should say "please tip because we both know u are a cheap SOB!!!

uberparadise

P
I think I need to do a social experiment and update my LED with funny/off the wall tip requests. I think the reactions will be priceless along with the tips. Chaching!
You are correct! Slowly the word on tips is circulating to some riders. Often I need that 2 or 3, sometimes 5 bucks to buy gas or a drink/food! The occasional $20 really makes me smile. Just think if we averaged just $2 bucks a trip in tips. Uber really sticks it to us telling passengers no tip needed. Another angle would be a a sob story attached to your bucket saying " my kid has muscular dystrophy or need to pay off student loan or maybe something funny like ex-wife or alimony fund." How about "this job is so rough and frustrating I need beer money for when I log off!" Please tip anything helps!

Last edited:

Goom

I'm gonna do rideshare karaoke... maybe that will put them in a happy and giving mood.

Nobody leaves this car without singing the blues! (You're so old if u get that reference. )