1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Do you listen to music or radio when driving pax?

Discussion in 'Advice' started by reg barclay, Aug 28, 2017.

1. DrivingForYou

DrivingForYou Active Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    A multi disk changer that plays MP3 disks is built into the car, and I burned disks totaling about 25 hours of music, mainly light jazz, lounge, chill, enya, etc. Most of the time with this playing pax are very happy, at least stating "what you're playing is fine" when asked their preference.

I'm currently also set with XM radio, and have a channel list in the backseat. Probably going to cancel subscription though as not too many pax care or want to select something. Maybe 1% of pax care enough to select an XM channel.

I provide an aux cable and phone chargers. Pax DO want to use aux, especially at night when going out.

2. Karen Stein

Karen Stein Well-Known Member

I note a contradiction voiced in this thread.

Please explain why it is appropriate to inflict the leftist pap of NPR on passengers, yet inappropriate to share the highest rated talk shows (Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, etc.).

Inquiring minds want to know.

Trafficat, tohunt4me and AuntyUber like this.
  3. Alison Chains

Alison Chains Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Inquiring minds don't listen to Hannity.

Browndynamite, SuzeCB and Terri Lee like this.
  4. Shaunizzle42

Shaunizzle42 New Member

Waa Waa Wild Thoughts. Rihanna all day, every day. No, but I do play a lot of Rihanna, every radio station I turn to, there's Rihanna.

5. JimKE

JimKE Well-Known Member

LOL. Nothing makes drunk white girls talk LESS!

That is actually worth doing.

I can see it now, cruising South Beach at 2 mph with Ms. Google screaming, "...in 600 FEET...do a BACKFLIP!"

SuzeCB and tohunt4me like this.

6. #1husler

#1husler Member

Either my Sade mix CD or the Minnesota Twins (if the game is on) WIN TWINS!!!

7. DMac

DMac New Member

I often listen to Radio Paradise, a streaming station with an eclectic mix. There is an app for Android or Apple. Several riders have complimented me on the music.

8. Alison Chains

Alison Chains Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You haven't lived until you've been pulled over for going allegro vivace because you were zoned out on Mendelssohn.

Bruce0987 likes this.
  9. sthriftybroke

sthriftybroke Member

I listen to the top hits if it's the radio (we have like 4 good stations for that) and if I'm playing pandora it's either rap or early 2000 hits. I sing too.
    I let a guy make a pit stop at a liquor store in exchange for getting me a mt dew I would pay for. He told me he would buy it since my music was awesome. Brought me out the biggest single serve mt dew I've seen in my life.

10. supernaut_32273

supernaut_32273 New Member

sometimes I'll play old new wave of british metal music. The college kids dig Judas Priest and Iron Maiden. 95% of the time, the radio isn't on though.

tohunt4me likes this.
  11. Karen Stein

Karen Stein Well-Known Member

You never know what customers like.

Once I even foun myself playing ISRAELI music to a caseload of Saudis. Guess they were enjoying " forbidden" pleasures. (Maybe that's why they were also disappointed when I explained there was no ham in hamburgers :) ).

SuzeCB and tohunt4me like this.
  12. Oscar Levant

Oscar Levant Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    The Girl From Ipanema

13. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

There IS a difference between " Ground Meat" and " Ground Beef".

14. Scott Thatcher

Scott Thatcher New Member

I always have NPR on, but when a pax enters the vehicle, I always tell them that they can put on any radio station they like.

15. MHR

MHR Well-Known Member

SiriusXM. Love it.

At my fingertips are the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and Pop2k channels. Quickly profile them while loading and determine which one they get. Hasn't failed me yet and had a smart pax asked me if that's how I picked their music choice. He thought it was a sound way to do it as well. Lol.

My personal favorite right now is the 1st. Wave channel. Been testing that out on some of my younger pax.

16. brick656

brick656 Member

My pax seem to enjoy Ozzy's Boneyard.

MHR likes this.
  17. SuzeCB

SuzeCB Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    And if they get in smelling like weed, do you switch it over to the Joint? ;):D

18. Pete Feliciano

Pete Feliciano New Member

XM SIRIUS radio channel 2 pop

19. MHR

MHR Well-Known Member

I listen to that on my own, haven't had cool enough pax who would appreciate that station. :(

SuzeCB likes this.
  20. KK2929

KK2929 Active Member

I am in L.A. and listen to 94.7 Wave or C.D. of smooth jazz.
    Music out of front speakers only and low. I keep it soft, smooth and neutral.
    I am also a passenger. Got into a car with a very nice man in his 20's. He had hard rock blasting out of the rear speakers, where I was sitting.
    And he wonders why his rating is not higher.
    We are being paid for a service. Aggravating our passengers is not a good idea. There are too many things out of our control that pisses them off. I see no reason to deliberately do things that will cause a low rating.