Do you help people load grocery, luggage and stuff like that?

Taksomotor

Yes, always! I prefer to be in control of that. And with groceries it saves me time.
Post automatically merged:

I don't a tip for that normally, not any more often than with regular rides.
Post automatically merged:

But I get 5 stars and maybe a badge with Great Service :smiles:

mi4johns

Depends how much stuff & if they appear able-bodied or not.

Always help ladies & the elderly but I've noticed younger guys generally don't want help unless it's multiple heavy suitcases or a trunk full of groceries so I just pop the trunk & they all seem fine with it.

Ubermcbc

I do,,,I even help then carry the stuff to their door,,9 times out of ten i get a tip

It is always good to get out and stretch a little if you have been working a few hours.
Good job. You are a life saver. Keep doing it so the rest of us don't have to deal with the groceries store pickup. 5 star for you plus i will throw all my badges towards your collection.

UberAdrian

If they look feeble I’ll insist on doing it. If they are able bodied I’ll open a window and ask if they need help.

UberBeemer

I do,,,I even help then carry the stuff to their door,,9 times out of ten i get a tip

It is always good to get out and stretch a little if you have been working a few hours.
I help often. I can get a cart full of groceries into my trunk in under a minute, so it's not and trouble.

Benjamin M

Just did! Loaded and carried to the door. I don't care if I don't get a tip, usually it's a working class mother and I'm glad to help. Plus, like you said, need to stretch.

This last one was interesting. Also included a bunch of birthday balloons, she held them down well.

I am a slightly bit concerned that the trip hasn't posted, hopefully an Uber glitch - because I really don't want to call "suppprt."

Cdub2k

Yes I do help them. I help them so we can get moving and get on the road. I also do it so they don't put their stuff on top of my stuff that's already in the trunk. Or if they are trying to put some eggs in my trunk which isn't happening. When I go grocery shopping I don't even do that I keep the fragile goods in the front seat so they don't break.

Illini

I offer help all of the time. Since I'm not a big guy, most people will load and unload their own luggage, if they're heavy.
Twice, I've taken an alcoholic woman to a liquor store for her round trip weekly wine run. She typically buys 6-7 bottle of wine. She struggles getting it out of the store, but when I drop her off at home, I carry her bags of wine bottles to her doorstep. No tips, but I sort of feel sorry for her alcoholic state.

TomTheAnt

Always help with luggage, male or female, young or old. Just the way I am.

Groceries? Meh... Like so many others I try to avoid picking up from grocery stores. I recognize the addresses of all the big stores in my town, so it’s easy to decline or let the ping expire. If I’m elsewhere and get pulled to a store I will help them if they have a whole bunch of stuff. If just a couple of bags, I’ll let them handle those.

Jupito

I proactively help because it'll get done faster and prevents PAX from being rough on my car when loading. I've seen enough PAX heave stuff into the back with no regard for potential dents and scratches, or try and overload the trunk and then try and force the hatch down with no regard to interior damage.

Seamus

I do load everything into my trunk ONLY because I don’t want them scratching or denting my car!