• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Do you have an aux cord? Yes I do and you can't use it.

Lostinspace1

I have given my aux cord to 100+ pax and it never resulted in a tip

why the hell am i going to listen to your shitty music if I'm not going to be tipped?
For me, that seems to have been replaced with " does this thing have Bluetooth and can I pair up to it" ? Nope. Sorry I don't get paid enough to have ordered that when I bought it

DamanC

Car loads of drunk Irish college girls singing along to whatever are some of my favorite rides. I seem to get one every weekend either going from Uc Berkeley to some club inSF or from the club home.

EDIT: I don't have an auxiliary cord in my car. I have a shitty tablet that I will tell passengers about if they ask nicely about playing music.
About 8 months ago there was an XL ride and one of his passengers (entitled @@@@@) got in immediately reached over and started pairing her phone to my car! I used the steering wheel controls to turn the volume all the way down and left it that way for nearly the whole trip. I let her try to figure out what was wrong till about a block from their destination where I turned to he and asked "did you want to play music? If you did all you had to do was ask and I would have turned the volume up" she got to listen to about a minute of Alicia Keys. I was so pissed that I stippst driving Lyft and Uber for about 4 months.

Last edited by a moderator:

HotUberMess

I haven’t had demands like this in a while, either because riders have gotten accustomed to “no”s from drivers or because I avoid the local uni now, but when I first started, riders would ask for the aux all the time. When I said “no”, they would say “but you have Bluetooth, right?”

No, Dingus, you are not being added to my car’s Bluetooth, ever.

Dropking

Yes, that photo of me was taken at a dance. However, I am totally a klutz when it does to dancing.

I can stand up in front of a crowd with a guitar and sing something I wrote, no problem. But tell I have to dance, even to something easy to dance to, and I am hopelessly lost.

Christine
well, you dressed the part well. :-)

have you written a song about your driving experience yet? what would the title be?

SHRPR

So this thread shows not many people are very generous with the customer playing music. So here's your chance to one up your competition. Give them the Aux cable, let them pick the music. What do you care. You control the volume. The trip isn't about you.

I use this Bluetooth FM transmitter that I can let my customers connect to and play their music without the worry of them connecting to my car.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N63HS88/?tag=ubne0c-20

Christinebitg

well, you dressed the part well. :smiles:

have you written a song about your driving experience yet? what would the title be?
Thanks! :smiles:

No, I haven't written about driving yet. I've only been driving just over a month. And during that month, I've been driving too much to do any songwriting.

But if I had, it might be titled something like:

- I've made my $100 for the night

or maybe

- How come nobody has asked me out yet?

Christine

Dropking

Thanks! :smiles:

No, I haven't written about driving yet. I've only been driving just over a month. And during that month, I've been driving too much to do any songwriting.

But if I had, it might be titled something like:

- I've made my $100 for the night

or maybe

Christine
lol. isn't it because men have always been afraid of confident women? :-)

I've been hit on by several pax, but I'm not as confident as you. I think some gals sense vulnerability and swoop in for the kill. You cads!

steveK2016

Got another one last night. Ditzy blond Asked for an Aux. Said sure, here you go. She asked "Does this work for iPhone?"

Well, does your iPhone have an aux plug? No? Then no it doesn't. Its like they got used to asking for aux cord and still not used to the fact their phones dont have aux plugs anymore.

ROCuberguy585

Nope aux cord is for my phone as is my singular USB-C phone charger. If you're nice and I'm feeling nice I'll offer to put on the FM/AM station of your choice (keeps most of the more extreme music off the table) otherwise it's my spotify playlists that I engineer for mass appeal anyways. I play better music than you get at the supermarket or drug store and you deal with that. The music serves only as background anyways, if you actually have a conversation with the human being 3 feet from you then you'll hardly notice anyways. If they have their own charger cord I'll let them use my plug provided I'm not using my one power port, which between my phone and dashcam is rare. One of the 2 is almost always plugged in. Safe passage from A-B in a reasonable amount of time with polite conversation if desired is about all you're entitled to at a fraction of what a cab costs. Anything else is just gravy on the biscuit that you aren't going to tip for anyways. You want more than pony up for a limo or black car service. Economy fares get you economy rides.

Another Uber Driver

What do you care. You control the volume. The trip isn't about you.
When it comes to opera, disco or rap (that goes triple for gangsta' rap), I care plenty. I do not want to listen to that garbage, that is what I care. When it comes to music, the trip IS ALL ABOUT ME because this is one of the few times that I invoke "MY CAR/MY RULES". Now, as this is America, and, In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash (or American Express, where accepted), for those who want to buy my tolerance....................every man DOES have his price, correctamundo?

Christine
(emphasis added)

Patience, Mademoiselle, it will happen.

On that avatar's being a photograph of you........................you might want to change that. If you post something icky-poo about Uber and some cubicle denizen finds it, there could be problems.