1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Do you have an aux cord? Yes I do and you can't use it.

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Dave Bust, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Dave Bust

Dave Bust

I have given my aux cord to 100+ pax and it never resulted in a tip

why the hell am i going to listen to your ****ty music if I'm not going to be tipped?

2. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    UBER PAX: "Do you have an aux cord for me?"
    UBER DRIVER: "Yes I do!"
    UBER PAX THINKS TO SELF: "Cool, another pushover I won't have to tip...."

3. Dave Bust

Dave Bust

I'm finally learning, my new angle is I'm buying aux cord at my local flea market for 50 cent each and tell the pax my kid is selling them for $5 each

Merc7186, Duber12, F213 and 7 others like this.
  4. To pay his way through grade school

5. Woohaa

Woohaa

Pax: Do you have an aux cord?

Me: Yes.

Pax: Can I get it?

Me: I'm using it.

Pax: (dejected) oh....

Works every time.

6. Rakos

Rakos

Driving:
    UberXL
    He$$ NO....!

upyouruber likes this.
  7. SuzeCB

SuzeCB

Driving:
    UberX
    "I used to. After the third one was broken by passengers, I stopped buying them."

8. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI

I let them use it, but let them know what music that I will or will not tolerate.

My sister goes to numerous events where some of the exhibitors give out these charger cords that have this round thing on the end with the different charger plugs. She gives them to me. They last all of two weeks until they are broken. I used to try splicing back the wires, but that did not help. I tried soldering the wires to the terminal on the round thing, but the soldering iron destroyed the terminals.

Rakos likes this.
  9. notthatstupid

notthatstupid

“Sorry. After having one stolen along with a nice charger I haven’t replaced it.” (Didn’t happen)

10. steveK2016

steveK2016

Driving:
    UberXL
    I had a group of coeds ask me if i had an aux cord .I said sure do, here ya go. They all look around to eachother and realize they all have iphone 6s with no audio jack. Lol, the audible disappointment was loud.

Perhaps apple did yall a favor removing the aux plug on their phones

I also get many request for charges for iphones, but I'm on #TeamAndroid so no iPhone charger. Weird, seems android users always have plenty of juice, never needs a charge in their uber

11. Christinebitg

Christinebitg

Driving:
    UberX
    I had a woman ask if I could plug her phone into my system, but I didn't have what we needed.

She also was single best tipper in my 1+ month of driving. She tipped generously both in cash and in the app.

Christine

Rakos likes this.
  12. 123KID

123KID

Driving:
    UberX
    Never been asked for an auxiliary cord, many pax have headphones in and just tune me out completely.

Rakos likes this.
  13. Rakos

Rakos

Driving:
    UberXL
    It'll happen... it's just a matter of time...8>)

Rakos
    f76085edaa0e3f4e249df663ad70cf32-1.gif

Notjust A. Nutherant likes this.
  14. I have not been asked that in awhile, but moot point as I do not have one. Rider will have to suffer with my music for 5 whole minutes.

Another Uber Driver likes this.
  15. wicked

wicked

No aux, no Bluetooth, just my transistor radio. OH and the knob to change the station broke too.

#sorryboutit

16. nickd8775

nickd8775

Driving:
    UberX
    Car full of girls, yes I have an aux cord! Those have been some of my most fun rides

Christinebitg likes this.
  17. wicked

wicked

^this

18. theLaw

theLaw

I think if a car full of strange girls singing T-Swift at full volume bothers you, then sticking to day-driving is best (I say this as a man who would find this unacceptable in my car).

At night pax are going to push boundaries for a number of different reasons, so it requires a certain personality to handle it. But if you can navigate it wisely, then it can be enjoyable.

19. Dropking

Dropking

good job, Christine. don't listen to these Scrooges!

btw is that you on a dance floor?

20. Christinebitg

Christinebitg

Driving:
    UberX
    Yes, that photo of me was taken at a dance. However, I am totally a klutz when it does to dancing.

I can stand up in front of a crowd with a guitar and sing something I wrote, no problem. But tell I have to dance, even to something easy to dance to, and I am hopelessly lost.

Christine

Dropking likes this.