Do you have a rideshare addendum ?

SHalester

have state farm and mine didn't have any such stipulation unless you agreed to it for a smaller premium.
Every state is different insurance wise and no I didn’t agree to it for a lower rate. Was only offer avail n I only do it part time anyway. State Farm has all my policies n this amounts to a flea.

Jimmy44

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Every state is different insurance wise and no I didn’t agree to it for a lower rate. Was only offer avail n I only do it part time anyway. State Farm has all my policies n this amounts to a flea.
Same here I bundled home and auto with them. From what I can see it's low risk high reward for state farm. Most if not all period 2 and 3 will be Ubers payout. Uber covers rider in period 1 and some of driver.

Legalizeit0

That's exactly what I have. The thing I really like is I use state farm 500 dollar deductable and I would report to state farm and they would work with rideshare.
Post automatically merged:

Just out of curiosity how much extra do you pay with the rideshare addition ?
thanks to Uber people, I realize the importance of adding the rideshare addendum. It was $15 a month and I was able to add it only on the vehicle I use, not all of the vehicles on the policy. I would not have even realized I needed the additional insurance without the comments here.

Thank You UP!

Jimmy44

thanks to Uber people, I realize the importance of adding the rideshare addendum. It was $15 a month and I was able to add it only on the vehicle I use, not all of the vehicles on the policy. I would not have even realized I needed the additional insurance without the comments here.

Thank You UP!
I went my first year without it and it worried me everyday. When I approached my State Farm agent he could have not been nicer. When I heard how little it was I told him to put it into effect immediately. I can relax and sleep at night knowing I am covered.

2starDriver

Do insurance companies getting mileage info from uber in regular basis and/or in case of accident? Would they ever be killjoy by mile? (Everyone drives more than annual estimate)

Jimmy44

Do insurance companies getting mileage info from uber in regular basis and/or in case of accident? Would they ever be killjoy by mile? (Everyone drives more than annual estimate)
My addendum with State Farm does not stipulate about miles. My agent did recommend I bump my passenger liability to the next tier which I did. He did not tell me to bump my mileage amount in my personal policy.

peteyvavs

Doesn't State Farm limit the amount of miles driven for TNC?
USAA has a good ride share policy, I had 100,000 dollar coverage. If you drive without R/S coverage you can be bankrupted in a heartbeat, and have your DL revoked indefinitely if you are the cause of an accident and can’t pay for damages. Bankruptcy won’t absolve you from losing your DL.

2starDriver

USAA has a good ride share policy, I had 100,000 dollar coverage. If you drive without R/S coverage you can be bankrupted in a heartbeat, and have your DL revoked indefinitely if you are the cause of an accident and can’t pay for damages. Bankruptcy won’t absolve you from losing your DL.

uberdriverfornow

It's possible USAA changed their rideshare coverage since 2018.