Do you guys prefer daytime driving or evening?

UsedToBeAPartner

I love Enya but they don't play much Enja on the local radio stations. That's all that I can receive in my car and I have no interest in Siris/XM or anything else you have to pay for. Even the "free" Pandora eats up my cellular data so you can't have any of that either. If you bring your own AUX cord I will plug it in but I will be in full control of the volume (unless you are a couple of sexy coeds and then do as you please)!

WonderLeeWoman

Yes I do care about ratings. But I tested it out . Tried smoking and then not smoking for 1 week each. And my ratings were pretty much the same. Smoking rating was 4.56 . Without smoking 4.6 but right this minute my rating is exactly 4.5. I got 3 blondes all last 3 rides in a row didn't smoke. Just made some small talk. Hope I got a 5. Really nervous. Will wait until tomorow to find out. One problem I'm really having is if I should initiate conversation or not. I think too consciously and I begin automatically talking but sometimes I remain totally silent but it feels so akward for me totally silent for a 30 minute ride.

Sometimes ill put christian gospel songs if it's a totally silent ride
Remember It's your car not theirs (do your best to keep clean & smelling fresh) and you are in charge, don't allow passengers to disrespect you & understand You're riders will feel what you're feeling, you set the tone not them so Relax and be yourself! Put radio on Houston radio channel that plays a mix of music AND don't worry about your ratings they are not a true representation and you're putting way too much pressure on yourself...way too much for the low income you (we) make. If you smoke roll your windows down so smoke goes out, buy febreeze and spray your car.

Last edited:

deiros

I've been driving mostly daytime and I gotta say it's really hot I can feel it inside my car. Tinted my windows thinking that would help but barely does anything besides minimum shade. I also feel my car takes more mechanical toll and wear more during the day . I can go hours non stop at night but I gotta take a break and go offline every 2 rides during day because I personally feel my car is taking too much wear. And I can't drive with the sun blinding my eyes ( front windshield window is not tinted)
You should have had a tint strip put across the top of your windshield. Did you get dark tint? My car was hot af until I got dark tint. Also, you may need to service your AC. Get your shocks or struts replaced. The pax can feel EVERY bump, even the small ones.

Also... shampoo your sears and carpet. No one wants to ride in a car that smells like a cheap hourly rate motel.

Uberdummy

Yes I do care about ratings. But I tested it out . Tried smoking and then not smoking for 1 week each. And my ratings were pretty much the same. Smoking rating was 4.56 . Without smoking 4.6 but right this minute my rating is exactly 4.5. I got 3 blondes all last 3 rides in a row didn't smoke. Just made some small talk. Hope I got a 5. Really nervous. Will wait until tomorow to find out. One problem I'm really having is if I should initiate conversation or not. I think too consciously and I begin automatically talking but sometimes I remain totally silent but it feels so akward for me totally silent for a 30 minute ride.

Sometimes ill put christian gospel songs if it's a totally silent ride
Smoking in your car...shocks are shot...your AC doesn't work for shit....NOBODY listens to crappy gospel music.....your rating is pathetic..and to top it off you don't know diddly about cars thinking you get more wear and tear driving days instead of nights.....how is it you haven't been deactivated?

UberCadi

Smoking in your car...shocks are shot...your AC doesn't work for shit....NOBODY listens to crappy gospel music.....your rating is pathetic..and to top it off you don't know diddly about cars thinking you get more wear and tear driving days instead of nights.....how is it you haven't been deactivated?
He hasn’t been on here for little over 2 weeks. So hoping he was deactivated. Total a$$ clown and for those Uber drivers that try to do good (even though we all know is futile), he provides an extremely bad image for all of us.

yamafx4dude

I avoid high traffic hours at all costs. You're talking about PENNIES for time. The real money (lol) is in the mileage and you aren't getting paid to sit around. Personally, I like the day better. The night, while I enjoy picking up hotties and enjoy the cooler temps, I get somewhat depressed seeing everyone going out while im doing this crappy gig instead. There have been a few times I said screw it and went out mid way through the night and promptly blew all the money I made with Uber.

The worst feeling is when I'm driving in sugarland at 430 pm when suddenly I get a ping , passenger sits in car and I slide the button to see the destination and it says" bush airport estimated time 1 hour 25 min
When I started this, I got one of my first airport runs about the same time to the airport, but in pouring rain. It took a long time to get there and was only $28. It felt like a $50 ride for sure, time, energy, stress..........I was so mad. So now I quit driving even remotely near rush hour. The stress is not worth the money. And IAH is usually dead miles back to where you started. Unless you sit in the lot for 1-2 hours and gamble with a long / short ride. No thanks.

deiros

I get somewhat depressed seeing everyone going out while im doing this crappy gig instead. There have been a few times I said screw it and went out mid way through the night and promptly blew all the money I made with Uber.
Their plan is working! Jk. I felt the same when I was driving. People are having fun and I’m their *trigger word.
But I needed the $. It’s not cool when you have to decide if you’re going to eat or make the car payment.

Cou-ber

You THINK that's why your ratings are low? Lol. Also, just because you stopped smoking in the car for a week did nothing. Once you've smoked in a car as much as I suspect you have, is like trying to remove the crap smell from your inner bowels by not eating for a week. The smoke sticks to you - just like your ignorance on what could be causing your low rating. Night or day, you can't hide stink and a crappy rising car.
Can’t smell it in my car. I don’t smoke all that much in it but I do when I am alone and I have NEVER been dinged for smoke smell. Totally disagree. You can get it out.