1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Do you feel Uber should tell us on our driver map how many drivers in a certain area

Discussion in 'Advice' started by jgiun1, Aug 2, 2018.

1. jgiun1

jgiun1 Well-Known Member

I'm close to town about four miles, but passenger app only shows the drivers near the GPS area your standing or sitting at. My opinion it would make sense and actually give us tools to situate ourselves and not be in clusters and maybe provide more steady coverage.

Christinebitg likes this.
  2. Zebonkey

Zebonkey Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    This sounds like a rational idea, so no, Uber shouldn't do it. Why break a steady flow of bad decisions?

3. jgiun1

jgiun1 Well-Known Member

Or atleast make it a gimmick like everything else in rideshare...4.85 rating and above and it shows...etc

Would be nice to know where to situate to start. Many people might start in their local areas instead of driving into a cluster of 12 drivers in a three mile radius in town. Frustrating!!!!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    Rakos likes this.
  4. Terri Lee

Terri Lee Well-Known Member

Once Upon A Time.

Used to be able to see ants even 50 miles away.

AzAppDriver, Rakos and jgiun1 like this.
  5. jgiun1

jgiun1 Well-Known Member

I already quit for the night....I drive to town, then surges in my area ten minutes later... Sitting there with a dozen drivers and funnily get a hit, but a half hour later (first ping) for a guy in town that's a whole city block pick up address. I sent him a text before I even moved asking his pick up spot because there's lots of long one ways. No response call or text....said F this crap tonight, canceled & Playstation ON!!!!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    Z129, mrpjfresh, JustPayMe and 2 others like this.
  6. aarondavid1010

aarondavid1010 Active Member

have you ever not seen a cluster on the passenger app? so is it even avoidable?

jgiun1 likes this.
  7. Rushmanyyz

Rushmanyyz Well-Known Member

Is there a surge? No? Then there are enough drivers in that area to meet demand. Pretty simple.

It can also include having no demand at all. If you are completely clueless about where you should drive, you can always boot up the rider app and look there. I used to think it helped until I learned where to be and at what times.

Now I just drive.

404NofFound and jgiun1 like this.
  8. Rakos

Rakos Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    It would be nice...butt then...

Uber doesn't do nice...

Uber does stupid...

And they say AI is the future...SMH.. 8>)

May the Uber gods gave mercy...

Rakos
    CHI_03_RK0138_01_P.JPG

9. JimKE

JimKE Well-Known Member

No. Why should they?

If you really want to get an idea, use the rider app.

Uberyouber and jgiun1 like this.
  10. UberBeemer

UberBeemer Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    It might help you decide whether or not to head toward a surge area, if you could see lots of drivers there or also headed there. But the rider app is good for that.

Rakos and jgiun1 like this.
  11. jgiun1

jgiun1 Well-Known Member

Yea....I was mainly talking about where to start the night to save initial start the night with time and gas....the rider app kinda hides area's outside of your GPS area and Uber seems to hide things on the drivers map also....like airport queve numbers don't display up half the time. It's a 17 mile trek say if you wanted to get airport action to start, and with no info half the time, could drive there and find out your number #86 in line.

As a full time driver, it adds up with waste making a wrong starting point for the evenings.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    404NofFound and Rakos like this.
  12. Oscar Levant

Oscar Levant Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I've also thought that would be a nice feature if one could just push a button to see the driver layout on the map, and then revert back, without having to go to the rider app ( which no longer works like it used to on Uber rider, though the lyft rider app still does )

Rakos and jgiun1 like this.
  13. oldfart

oldfart Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    3925D27D-A774-4C03-A65E-553A1308DBC0.jpeg Here’s what I do when I am trying to figure out where I’m going to start my day. I have several favorite hotels that usually generate several airport rides but they are anywheee from 30 min to an hour from my house. It’s no fun to get there only to find 6 or 8 other drivers had the same idea

So I go to the customer app and replace my current location with the address of the hotel. And in the “where to” spot enter the airport.

I then get the ride options and I click on one of these to see the cars around the hotel

I’m doing this from my home. You can see the blue dot marking my location

As you can see the closest xl car to the Naples ritz is 7 min away. so if the ritz wasn’t closed for remodeling it might make sense to drive the 30 miles or so (rooms at the ritz are over $1000 a night so there is a pretty good potential clientele here (when they are open)

14. Coachman

Coachman Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I just don't spend too much time worrying about where the ants are. Pretty much the only time I'll make a move based on the ants is when there's one right on top of me. I don't like that.

Rakos likes this.
  15. Christinebitg

Christinebitg Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You made my day with this one! Thank you!

xoxoxo

Christine

16. islanddriver

islanddriver Active Member

Just turn on pax app it shows all driver's in you area

17. hulksmash

hulksmash Well-Known Member

The old rider apps made it quick and easy to check the number of cars in any area. The new apps require extra steps to check for cars at any location other than your current one. Old app used to give you the surge multiplier and the new one requires extra steps and quick math skills to know the surge rate. They took away things that only drivers wanted to know and left things only pax need to know.

AllGold likes this.
  18. oldfart

oldfart Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    You can’t just turn on the pax app to see the number of drivers in an area away from your current location

What you can do is what I suggested in my post above

19. jgiun1

jgiun1 Well-Known Member

I tried that many times and it doesn't really show the amounts like the GPS pin point of where you are... Atleast here in my market it doesn't really work well and shows sometimes shows nothing. Glitchy like everything else Uber creates!!!!

What I was really saying was those numbers should be on our own driver maps....like airport queve

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018 at 1:13 PM
  20. 404NofFound

404NofFound Well-Known Member

They want to see a bigger ant map. They want to get away from other drivers. They might leave an area only to end up in the same predicament, thus wasting time and gas.