Do you ever meet other drivers?

Coyotex

in my area, it's seldom to get back to back pings, unless it's bar closing time. So, I usually stage in a bigger parking lot with road access in every direction. I turned on my rider app to see if any other ants were there and there were! I saw a guy sitting in the corner of the parking lot and I could see his cell phone, so I knew he was a driver. I pulled up, he was kind of puzzled at first, I introduced myself and we had a great conversation about driving, areas and such, until I got a ping. I pulled back there several times throughout the evening, but never saw him again.

Have you ever had a chance to talk with other drivers?

Seamus

I have approached a few at gas stations for a brief conversation. Also a couple times at the airport lot although I only go after a drop off to check it out. Once outside of a bar at closing time a driver was cramming 11 people in his suv, putting pax in the back luggage area. Talked to him briefly and he thought it was funny. Took a pic and posted it on here.

oldfart

Yes at an Uber event. Most seem to be nice folks who accept every request and are oblivious to car depreciation.

I’ve met a lot of drivers at the airport. And I gotta say we are all well aware of car depreciation. Everyone I’ve talked to has either the cash or credit to buy another car. And then there are guys like me that understand depreciation but don’t care. When it’s time to scrap the car, I’ll quit. I figure it’s got 2 more years in it and maybe another 2 with a rebuilt engine by that time I will have converted a $20000 car into $200000

Everyone has a story and a reason for doing this and unlike so many that post here I haven’t met any chronic complainers

Merc7186

I hear Airport Queues are a Great location to meet other drivers...especially those who will sit in the queue for hours in hopes of getting a decent ride...most dont though.

Taksomotor

I kind of don't want to. But I met a few giving them a ride and they would tell me they also drive. I specifically remember none of them have me a tip.

Also like @Pax Collector said, some of them I see on highways being real jerks, tailgating, honking, cutting people off. I would think people of driving would be a little bit more tolerant and careful in their driving manners.

VanGuy

I have approached a few at gas stations for a brief conversation. Also a couple times at the airport lot although I only go after a drop off to check it out. Once outside of a bar at closing time a driver was cramming 11 people in his suv, putting pax in the back luggage area. Talked to him briefly and he thought it was funny. Took a pic and posted it on here.
I mentioned the cuddle pile once on here but with a truck or a minivan with stow and go seating the Uber cuddle pile would be an awesome way to get a ride. I think Uber needs to get on changing some seat belt laws to make this happen. :smiles:

I've met lots of Skip drivers waiting in restaurants. Sometimes there's 4 of us in line at the popular sushi place.

KK2929

I kind of don't want to. But I met a few giving them a ride and they would tell me they also drive. I specifically remember none of them have me a tip.

I, too, call for a ride and we talk. Very few have logos on the car, car is filthy, most drive too fast and most NEVER play the radio. ??? Guess I am doing it all wrong. P.S. - I always tip, except for one - he drove 85 on the freeway until I told him to stay under the speed limit and he ask me if I lived alone. " None of your business, Dude !! "

Taksomotor

Hmm, I don't have any sings, always drive above speed limit, and almost never play any radio, but my car is clean, and I prefer to either a quiet ride or to be having a conversation if I see that the pax is up to it.

goneubering

in my area, it's seldom to get back to back pings, unless it's bar closing time. So, I usually stage in a bigger parking lot with road access in every direction. I turned on my rider app to see if any other ants were there and there were! I saw a guy sitting in the corner of the parking lot and I could see his cell phone, so I knew he was a driver. I pulled up, he was kind of puzzled at first, I introduced myself and we had a great conversation about driving, areas and such, until I got a ping. I pulled back there several times throughout the evening, but never saw him again.

Have you ever had a chance to talk with other drivers?
I’ve tried to find them but I only found ghost cars. Nobody has ever been where the rider app shows cars.

Trafficat

I’ve met a lot of drivers at the airport. And I gotta say we are all well aware of car depreciation. Everyone I’ve talked to has either the cash or credit to buy another car. And then there are guys like me that understand depreciation but don’t care. When it’s time to scrap the car, I’ll quit. I figure it’s got 2 more years in it and maybe another 2 with a rebuilt engine by that time I will have converted a $20000 car into $200000

Everyone has a story and a reason for doing this and unlike so many that post here I haven’t met any chronic complainers
I sometimes go to the airport queue and talk to the drivers there. Chronic complainers abound!

Ovaro

You make a good point. Although I am aware of depreciation, I simply don’t put much energy into. Moreover, cars are built to be driven around and add miles to it. I do keep up with the maintenance and care of my vehicle. Even if a car doesn’t have many miles, every time a new model comes out, the car depreciates more. So let’s make some money while we can!