Do you ever go to drive in San Francisco?

Do you go to San Francisco for the weekend? How do you do? Is it worth it? I've met a couple who do. I make about $200 or more in 10 hours. Would it be worth it?

NASCAR1991

Most of i clowns from sac...Stockton...modesto..L.A....michigan..Florida..north pole...come to drive to SF.
No dont come not worth it what so ever ever for ever. Because of those clowns thwre is 30 cars on each block

bingybingyfoo

For those who have- how long did you do it at home before trying it? Were you already quite familiar with the city? Is Lyft or uber business better there?

BayArea Lyft Driver

I live 30 miles away, and only time I find it worth going up there is if I get a ride. Otherwise, gas. time and dead miles is not worth it for me

UBERJET

I have gone to SF last couple of weeks. Not easy money but if you work the guarantees you can make around $1300 in four days. I leave on Wednesday. Start driving when I get there. Work 14 hour days and sleep in my car. Drive until late Saturday. Sleep like a rock when I get home back to Sacramento. Then off for three nights.

bingybingyfoo

Thanks for your response. If you don't mind my asking - how are you working SF guarantees as a Sac driver? Did you just ask uber to send you the opt in messages for another market?

bingybingyfoo

Huh. Interesting.
So far I've been leaning towards working for what i make here, usually it works out pretty well and obviously for lower investment than going away, among other arguments against. If. I get the guarantees. The local amounts/hours offered tend to work out well for me, but maybe since you've definitely been doing this longer, I'll ask your insight, since this last wknd was different - after the same-ish types of hourly g. offers came about four weeks running (from Uber, starting a week or two after I signed up), I never got one at all fsr (instead i'd recently got my first $30/25 rides or something, but that was already satisfied), so, I worked entirely for Lyft for the first week in awhile.
I have been wondering (it wasn't my rating, it had increased) if I've been bugging support too much (lol I doubt i stand out there), or if I'm stuck on that silly $30 bonus, or how they decide about sending you offers exactly.
Anyway I did ask and nobody else seemed to get them last week and the Lyft ones were low, but others in Sac did finally get some kind of msg from Ü I never did.

TL;DR Do you reliably get those hourly guarantee offers? I'm newer and have been trying not to assume they'll come each week. Any theories about reasons they don't come sometimes?

UberXking

You think Uber is going to guarantee more money than a smart driver can make? Drive smart and stay in a hotel.

xr650r

I only went to Sf once.I ended up there late on a Sunday night after a series of rides starting in Modesto.Uber-it's not just a job.Its an adventure.

UberXking

WOW Uber guaranteed me and my 2006 Prius 330,000 miles $40 mon - Thur 7 -9 a.m. 5 - 11 p.m. That's right 50 less their 20% cut. I stand corrected I've never averaged $40 hour 4 days straight

Luber4.9

ALERT: As of this week you have to have your own business license with the City of San Francisco to legally drive for Uber or Lyft on SF streets or to pickup at SFO. They are doing spot checks so be careful.

bingybingyfoo

WOW Uber guaranteed me and my 2006 Prius 330,000 miles $40 mon - Thur 7 -9 a.m. 5 - 11 p.m. That's right 50 less their 20% cut. I stand corrected I've never averaged $40 hour 4 days straight
You got $50 hourlies for M-Th? I can't say i ever have had any offers so high but yes, to answer your question, I have had a good experience playing the guarantee game, ftmp. I enjoy the part where i try to work less and get paid more. Uber has been busier than Lyft so i usually come closer to "earning it" there, and then with Lyft the risk is different, I could be slow enough to miss an hour here and there. But on average I'm able to work hours that pay out double what i actually earned, and with less concern to deadhead back to busy zones, too.

I have gone to SF last couple of weeks. Not easy money but if you work the guarantees you can make around $1300 in four days. I leave on Wednesday. Start driving when I get there. Work 14 hour days and sleep in my car. Drive until late Saturday. Sleep like a rock when I get home back to Sacramento. Then off for three nights.

That is a crazy ass schedule, but I salute the hustle. Stay safe out there.

noname

The way municipalities are getting around the taxi thing is by making you get a business license. Here is the way there setting up that avenue they will require you to pay a tax on gross receipts. Ok so uber takes 20 to 25 % they will want 20% of your gross pay as a tax that you have to report.

Cwin

ALERT: As of this week you have to have your own business license with the City of San Francisco to legally drive for Uber or Lyft on SF streets or to pickup at SFO. They are doing spot checks so be careful.
Did you get checked?

NASCAR1991

You must be a taxi driver
I drive here in sf.

It is true. You do need biz licence...used to be before may 31...now its august 31.

They might check you in sfo...Oakland...and most deff in san jose airports.
As far as checking on the streets....almost no chance