• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Do you Drive on the 4th July?

Tom Oldman

Author
I started rideshare last year, September 2018. This would be my first 4th of July with Uber/Lyft. Your feedbacks are greatly appreciated.

Happy 4th to all my fellow drivers.

W00dbutcher

I line my trunk of my car with plastic two layers thick. I go up to the boardwalk where the beaches pull up open it up and have nothing but ice cold Coke and water. I made a killing last year on it I don't think I drove but maybe 20 miles getting supplies. I had to refill three times.

Tom Oldman

Author
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Last 4th of July, I did Eats. It was busier than I thought. I made $140. Since we have Summerfest going on, I was going to work a few hours doing R/S.

Happy 4th to you also!
Thank you for sharing your experience and the image. I hope you break the record this year if you decide to drive :smiles:

Tom Oldman

Author
NO, 2 years no Holidays. Holidays are for family.
I like that and I'm considering it as an option.
Post automatically merged:

My ass will be comfortably seated on the grass watching fireworks.

Not worth it to me to deal with checkpoints, hammered pax, and the increased likelihood of being killed. :smiles:
Oh no....., don't want to get killed on the independence day :frown:

SFOspeedracer

I started rideshare last year, September 2018. This would be my first 4th of July with Uber/Lyft. Your feedbacks are greatly appreciated.

Happy 4th to all my fellow drivers.
This will be my fourth July 4th coming up ..

I personally will drive during late morning mid day to get most people to their BBQs. Tips are always the best then. I stop at 3pm when all hell usually begins to break loose. Take my son to family’s and watch fireworks and eat leftovers.

I think first year I did it at night .. not worth it .. drunks asking you to stop every time they hear a boom and event traffic and as Ben M said checkpoints everywhere

Happy 4th bro

Roadmasta

Maybe after 11pm to be many people walking around near fireworks displays by me. Last year tried going out a little to early not again.

Tom Oldman

Author
This will be my fourth July 4th coming up ..

I personally will drive during late morning mid day to get most people to their BBQs. Tips are always the best then. I stop at 3pm when all hell usually begins to break loose. Take my son to family’s and watch fireworks and eat leftovers.

I think first year I did it at night .. not worth it .. drunks asking you to stop every time they hear a boom and event traffic and as Ben M said checkpoints everywhere

Happy 4th bro
That's a good one, I like the timing as I'm a day driver anyway, thank you.

TomTheAnt

Oh, nell no!

Even if I wasn’t in the middle of a moving to our new house, I still wouldn’t drive. Nope. Even though driving minimum fare rides sounds pretty damn nice change after hauling stuff today. Still have two days to go...

Tom Oldman

Author
Chilled bear? 🐻 Like the one I almost hit near the North Carolina border last week? 😂

Yeah man. Enjoy the 4th as a man, not as a driver. But don't get stupid drunk and "call an Uber" 😜

Food trucks, fireworks, and friends at my complex on the 4th. Looking for it. :smiles:
That's a man's plan, i like, I like :smiles:

Benjamin M

That's a man's plan, i like, I like :smiles:
Enjoy the 4th, buddy. :smiles:

Oh, nell no!

Even if I wasn’t in the middle of a moving to our new house, I still wouldn’t drive. Nope. Even though driving minimum fare rides sounds pretty damn nice change after hauling stuff today. Still have two days to go...
Congrats on the new place :smiles: And Happy 4th! 🇺🇸