1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Do you discriminate your riders?

Discussion in 'Advice' started by dens, Oct 13, 2018.

1. dens

dens

Driving:
    UberX
    Not based on low rating or long distance pickups.

Here are mine:
    1. Group of overexcited people / teens kicking their buts while waiting for pickup. (cancel ride and keep driving)
    2. Owner with animal (don't feel like get deactivated for service animal BS (No eye contact, cancel ride and keep driving)
    3. Riders with stupid / funny nicknames / any nickname (Lyft- don't accept the ride . Uber -cancel ride and keep driving)
    4. Ghetto area pickups
    5. Pool/Shared rides

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    J. Xephon, BigBadJohn and Rakos like this.
  2. mbd

mbd

Pax discriminate all the time, by
    Cancellation... pax might look at the driver name or pic, then cancel..driver could be a 5.0 driver.. depends on the neighborhood

tohunt4me and Rakos like this.
  3. Cary Grant

Cary Grant

Driving:
    UberX
    I discriminate, legally, every single day.

My state even has a law protecting me from retaliation by rideshare companies, when I legally discriminate.

Key words: Unlawful, disorderly, or endangering. If pax behavior can be described using any of those three words, then I can keep the doors locked, and drive away. Who decides if pax behavior is unlawful, disorderly, or endangering? Yours truly.

4. Merc7186

Merc7186

Driving:
    UberXL
    Yes, I openly admit to discriminating against pax.

Low Rating, Nope.

Pick Up in a bad part of time, Cute.

Under the age of 18, adorable.

Having more pax than seatbelts, laughable.

Lyft Pax, ROFL.

5. steveK2016

steveK2016

Driving:
    UberXL
    Guarantee you driving by when within visual range of a service animal will get you caught eventually. They aren't stupid and you arent the first driver to try to pull that. Theylltake their word over yours any day of the week, then good luck with arbitration.

6. Alexxx_Uber

Alexxx_Uber

I don’t allow pet to my car

Cary Grant likes this.
  7. Uberlife2

Uberlife2

Ur a top one

8. HotUberMess

HotUberMess

Lyft pax = AWESOME

BCDF13C1-2192-467D-BE4D-A1479260F82F.png

9. Lissetti

Lissetti Moderator Author

Driving:
    UberX
    I memorize the locations and addresses of all the grocery stores in the areas I work. I openly discriminate against all Costcos, Wal-Mart's, Home Depot pick ups and all City Transit stations.

10. MarcG

MarcG

College area. Two or more brogans standing around with their hat on backwards or sideways. I’ll dtive right by and cancel in their face..

11. Brian-drives

Brian-drives

Driving:
    UberLUX
    Of course I discriminate
    No money = no ride
    I will drive a six or Martian if they have money!

Pax Collector likes this.
  12. dens

dens

Driving:
    UberX
    Omg..,you should re-think how you rate your Lyft pax’s. Rate them 2* for $2 and 5* for $5 :)

melusine3 and HotUberMess like this.
  13. TBone

TBone

I avoid picking up in bad neighborhoods. Thats it. Feel free to bring your dog because I am not an @sshole.

14. ANT 7

ANT 7

Driving:
    UberX
    All the time.

I don't work the bar scene and won't work after 600 PM to avoid that crowd. Considering I start in the very early AM I've also made my money by then anyways.

I won't pick up at the numerous universities we have when they are doing their 4-5 various "student party days" during the start or end to a semester. Even with an all day 3X surge.

I don't pick up at venues for sports events or concerts, etc. Drop offs are fine though. I just turn off new trips until I am out of range.

There's no problem with any kind of animal at all. I'm totally fine with that. Same goes for <18 years old. Normally it's very rich kids going to rich houses on a parents UBER account.

I avoid the 'hood as well.

melusine3 likes this.
  15. Pulledclear

Pulledclear

You should last. Great work you're going places!

16. I dont pick up in bad neighborhoods especially at these crap rates.

17. MadTownUberD

MadTownUberD Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    If I camp on one side of downtown I tend to get requests from college kids. If I camp on the other side I don't. Take a guess which side I prefer.

Gilby, melusine3, J. Xephon and 2 others like this.
  18. Yes. All the time. I’m going to start doing it more after the false accusation made against me a couple days ago.

melusine3 and Pusher like this.
  19. MadTownUberD

MadTownUberD Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Do tell! Or is there a thread in Stories already?

melusine3 and RoWode12 like this.
  20. Oh I didn’t even bother making a post there about it. It happens to everyone. Same story all the time.

I picked up a lady from a fancy hotel. She was at a conference. I took her about 20+ miles downtown to some big hip hop concert, (which she bragged about getting into for free.)

I tried being friendly and offering tips about what to do while visiting the city. She was quiet and in her phone the entire time. Didn’t look up at all. I let her have her quiet and dropped her off at the front door of the venue, which was a huge PITA. The trip was uneventful otherwise.

Within minutes, I got that Uber notice that a rider noticed I had “fallen asleep at the wheel,” and I was being deactivated. I laughed because this was the one time I actually was NOT tired. (I knew it was her because she 1-starred me and got her expensive trip refunded.) I was wide awake and had just started my shift. The lady didn’t even look up enough to see my eyes. There definitely was no swerving or anything else either. It was just an outright, blatant lie.

As soon as I asked Uber to look into her complaint history and mentioned it was just a scam, I was magically re activated, even though they said it was a mandatory minimum of 24-48 hours.

I had a feeling this chick might be trouble when I picked her up. She was definitely not the type of person that would normally stay in this hotel. I didn’t want to be a discriminatory jerk though. I gave her a chance and got screwed over.