Do you change the passengers rating if they dont tip?

qiaoxiaopang

I started to change the rating but only for airport rides if they dont tip
Dude, just rate em low the first time including non-airport runs. Who knows if Uber is really going back and changing PAX ratings after we request a rating change. Unfortunately, unless you are in another city that allows you to see a PAX ratings and actually doing a trial and error , then you SOL.

mags2K

Dude, just rate em low the first time including non-airport runs. Who knows if Uber is really going back and changing PAX ratings after we request a rating change. Unfortunately, unless you are in another city that allows you to see a PAX ratings and actually doing a trial and error , then you SOL.

Great Strategy. I might try this out - start them low and go back to change it if they left a good tip! Lol
Last week I got a bar pickup request from 3 young doctors - actually dentists. The moment i pulled up front all were laughing uncontrollably.
After getting in the guy who booked the ride told me i am glad you came by to pick me up despite my rating being only 3.0
Apparently the others waged a bet that i am going to cancel on him - and hence they found it funny that i still came to pick them up.
Then I tell them sorry to disappoint you guys. I might have actually canceled the ride if i were able to see the Pax rating. Unfortunately, Uber does not share Pax ratings in the Chicago market.
Then he goes on to tell me that they are very nice guys but he thinks that a 2 am bar pickup few nights ago and their overall drunken behavior earned him a low rating. But before getting off he requests me to rate him 5 Stars and he will take care of me wink wink - while his friends were begging me to one Star him. Lol. I rated him 5 Stars right away thinking he was going to leave a Tip - which he never did. If I had adopted qiaoxiaopang strategy it might have worked out better!

Djmalsidious

we get tips? out of 100 trips I might see 3-8. Suppose I should start offering bottle service and iphone chargers free of charge?

LEAFdriver

Yes I do. But I only drive for Lyft. If you drive for Uber in the Chicago market....there's no point. :confused:

Actually, I should say: I change their rating if they DO tip. :rolleyes:

Everyone gets an automatic 4* unless I feel pretty strongly that they will tip or if they are a repeat pax who always tips.

uber6

Only if they tell me they will and then don't. I would rather you not say anything at all. Don't lie to me to make yourself feel better.
So far everyone that has asked me if i can tip you in the app never tipped me lol at ALL

quesie

Yes I do. But I only drive for Lyft. If you drive for Uber in the Chicago market....there's no point. :confused:

Actually, I should say: I change their rating if they DO tip. :rolleyes:

Everyone gets an automatic 4* unless I feel pretty strongly that they will tip or if they are a repeat pax who always tips.
I drive Lyft, too. How do you go into a past trip to change their rating?

LEAFdriver

I drive Lyft, too. How do you go into a past trip to change their rating?

It's a little bit of a pain....but once you've done it once or twice....it's quick and easy.

Help>Help Center>(Scroll Down) Contact Support>Subject: Please change rating I gave to this passenger>I'm a driver>Issue with Ride>Technical App Issue>Additional Details:
Please change the rating I gave to this passenger to 5 stars. Thank you. Name:____

Then I always attach the waybill screenshot that I take for EVERY ride before I pick them up. If you don't have that...you will probably have to give more details....so that's why I prefer to just take screenshots.

They usually reply back within 5-10 minutes. And YES they DO change the rating. I've seen the results almost immediately. :rolleyes:

toyota777

I gave yesterday 5 stars to a lady that gave a $5 tip. My passenger rating is simple, you tip me I rate you. You don't tip me I don't rate you.

Bigbadb91

Lol my last ride last night I had dude say oh man your getting 5 stars and a tip, told em thanks bro... I have yet to get it

Uberanović

Lol my last ride last night I had dude say oh man your getting 5 stars and a tip, told em thanks bro... I have yet to get it
I don't care ‍♀️ for tip if there is nice surge , it lasted for 1 hr only .

Attachments

• IMG_8494.PNG
    IMG_8494.PNG
    20.8 KB · Views: 41