Do you care if pax wears seatbelts?

Do you care if some pax don't buckle up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rideshareMN

I despise seatbelts and resent the govt forcing us to wear them...it's like trying to tell us how big of a soft drink we can have; I grudgingly wear a seatbelt when driving so the precious little snowflakes don't have a heart attack and whine to Big Brother about their safety fears for their beloved driver (in the hopes of getting a free ride credit); I NEVER get on a PAX not strapping up....I could care less; in fact, I think there are some states where passengers in for-hire vehicles are NOT required to buckle up (I could be wrong, but again, I don't really care)

kc ub'ing!

Saw a documentary in high school. It said, “you’re 80% more likely to survive an accident if you buckle up.” This was before it was mandatory and enough for me. I always buckle.

That said, I only insist the front rider buckles. We’re windshield buddies! I ain’t got time to be mommy to the dipshitz in the back too.

My guess is that his low rating is due to not tipping
So true! His self serving humblebrag about us honorable, conscientious drivers downrating him for his own good is such bs!

Coachman

In my old car the chime would go off if the front passenger wasn't buckled in. In my new car it's not an issue. I rarely notice what the back seat riders are doing. But yeah... I'd prefer everybody be strapped in.

Uber Steve LV

Since I don't drive underage riders, if someone doesn't wear a seat belt, that's on them. They get the ticket, they get the pain of something happens. It's called taking responsibility for your actions.

AllGold

Front seat, yes, both because it's required by law and because my car has a really annoying beep. Backseat, no, because neither of those factors come into play. (Backseat passengers are not required to be seatbelted in my state.)

As for the back, I have to admit that I am actually ever so slightly annoyed (on a 1-10 scale, my annoyance is about 0.1) when people back there make a big deal out of buckling up because unfortunately, most of my trips are short and on surface streets where the maximum speed limit is 35mph.

CJfrom619

Front seat, yes, both because it's required by law and because my car has a really annoying beep. Backseat, no, because neither of those factors come into play. (Backseat passengers are not required to be seatbelted in my state.)

As for the back, I have to admit that I am actually ever so slightly annoyed (on a 1-10 scale, my annoyance is about 0.1) when people back there make a big deal out of buckling up because unfortunately, most of my trips are short and on surface streets where the maximum speed limit is 35mph.
Your missing the point. Legal or not. Everyone should wear a seatbelt. The backseat seat belts are there for a reason..to keep whoever is back their safe. Everyone is my car buckled up because accidents happen and when they do people get hurt or even die. It takes 2 seconds to buckle up or tell your riders to put on a seat belt. It might save them from major injury or worse.

How fast you drive or where you drive shouldn’t be a factor. Accidents happen everywhere at anytime.

AllGold

Your missing the point. Legal or not. Everyone should wear a seatbelt. The backseat seat belts are there for a reason..to keep whoever is back their safe. Everyone is my car buckled up because accidents happen and when they do people get hurt or even die. It takes 2 seconds to buckle up or tell your riders to put on a seat belt. It might save them from major injury or worse.

How fast you drive or where you drive shouldn’t be a factor. Accidents happen everywhere at anytime.
No, I'm not missing the point. The question was "Do you care?" I don't.