• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Do uber go to ocala from Tampa airport?

nasamarsfile

Will uber go from tampa airport to ocala downtown? Or to Florida state fire college? And is it possible to ride uber back to tampa airport from ocala? Thank you.

DAG

Will uber go from tampa airport to ocala downtown? . . . . And is it possible to ride uber back to tampa airport from ocala?
My answer is "YES".
  1. However, you might get a driver who'll decline you because Ocala is a "long trip". Though some drivers will decline, others will accept.
  2. I did a search on UBER Ocala and there seem to be drivers in Ocala; ergo, potential trip back to airport. Remember to give yourself sufficient time and all drivers appreciate TIPS.
Good luck!

nasamarsfile

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My answer is "YES".
  1. However, you might get a driver who'll decline you because Ocala is a "long trip". Though some drivers will decline, others will accept.
  2. I did a search on UBER Ocala and there seem to be drivers in Ocala; ergo, potential trip back to airport. Remember to give yourself sufficient time and all drivers appreciate TIPS.
Good luck!
Usually, how much tips is appropriate for such long trip? Thank you.

DAG

Usually, how much tips is appropriate for such long trip? Thank you.
You are receiving a personal service from the driver and the driver's car. If service is good, tip a minimum of 10%. Also, as a courtesy, throw in a 5-stars rating. Drivers DO NOT receive any pay for 5-stars; but, UBER expects them and drivers strive to achieve them.

nasamarsfile

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You are receiving a personal service from the driver and the driver's car. If service is good, tip a minimum of 10%. Also, as a courtesy, throw in a 5-stars rating. Drivers DO NOT receive any pay for 5-stars; but, UBER expects them and drivers strive to achieve them.
Great, is it possible to book uber before I arrive? Thank you

DAG

Great, is it possible to book uber before I arrive? Thank you
I don't know. That can be risky. If your plane is delayed, you could receive a no-show charge. ALSO, the UBER App might not allow you to book for airport pickup until you are curbside. I've never tried pre-booking at an airport. In Tampa, pick-up is only about 10 minutes away. A pool of anxious drivers always is in a nearby area designated for rideshare drivers.
Good luck to you!

RobotWicker

The way it was supposed to work is like this. I'm a driver signed up as an UBER driver, I'm gonna take a drive up to the Petro Stopping Center in Reddick, FL just North of Ocala, to eat at the fine Iron Skillet Restaurant. I would take a rider who's going that direction with no problem. I would even swing over to the airport from Clearwater. I don't know how they got to where they are now.

Boca Ratman

The way it was supposed to work is like this. I'm a driver signed up as an UBER driver, I'm gonna take a drive up to the Petro Stopping Center in Reddick, FL just North of Ocala, to eat at the fine Iron Skillet Restaurant. I would take a rider who's going that direction with no problem. I would even swing over to the airport from Clearwater. I don't know how they got to where they are now.
what the hell are you talking about?

Asificarewhatyoudontthink

what the hell are you talking about?
They drank that old school Kool-Aid.

Somebody postulated that this idea for Rideshare came from the concept of well hey I'm going somewhere or anybody want to ride.
That was something you'd see on oh newspaper want ads or Craigslist even as far back as the 50s probably people would advertise the day we're going on a trip somewhere I was anybody looking to share the fuel cost heading that same direction.

But the original Uber app was a concept to give Black Car Town Car limousine and such something to do while they were waiting sitting around idle between their contract jobs. And the pay was obscene.

espizarro83

There is no big airport between Tampa and Atlanta. The middle area between both would be Valdosta, but the airport in Jacksonville would probably be the preferred airport for the area along I-75 between Gainesville and Tifton. Problem is that drivers in FL cannot take a ride back in Georgia. So TPA would probably cover the areas between Gainesville and Sarasota (south of Sarasota then it is covered by the airport in Fort Myers).

Tampa shares some of the long trip ride requests with Orlando.

Of course, there are several small airports around that will take the preference, but major airports are very few north of Tampa and Orlando.