Uber Drivers Forum banner

Do they think we are ATMS's???

878 views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Smell My Finger 
#1 ·
Had a couple of pax's request that I give them cash in exchange for a tip on the app (this may have been discussed already). The second suggested I stop at CVS to get cash back so that we could make the transaction happen! He was like: "So you aren't going to make the stop at CVS right there?"

How stupid do they think we are??? Is th expectation that we carry cash so that we can be robbed???

#2 ·
Had a couple of pax's request that I give them cash in exchange for a tip on the app (this may have been discussed already). The second suggested I stop at CVS to get cash back so that we could make the transaction happen! He was like: "So you aren't going to make the stop at CVS right there?"

How stupid do they think we are??? Is th expectation that we carry cash so that we can be robbed???
I've had that request before and was one starred but no way I give cash

#7 ·
I've never have that happened, but I'd 100% assume it's fraud. On the other hand, if a pax asks to stop at an atm, especially a tourist, quickly gps-ing them to their bank of choice and waiting has almost always worked in my favor. They usually give you a cash tip, and they are happy they didn't get stuck with like $5+ in atm fees.

#9 ·
Around my neck of the woods they use a slightly different approach. Accept ride and head to pick-up. Get to the pick-up point and get a text saying please start trip, I'm at the destination can yo please grab me XYZ from the store and I'll tip you triple the cost in the app. Yeah right, I was born yesterday. They pretty much cancel right away to avoid the cancel fee. So now I text them back, sure no problem and start asking detailed questions about exactly what they want. When they say for the second time go ahead and start the trip so I also get paid I tell them I did but the phone signal is weak here so it may take a minute to show them. Then ask another question about what they want. As soon as the timer pops I cancel for the fee and move on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.