• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Do riders’ names matter?

Glock19

Once a while I get Uber pings in New York, when I accept, a weird name pops up. The names I remember on top of my head are; Money, Miles, Cycle, Arrogant-pig. I picked up Money who was going to the Bronx and cancelled on Miles, Arrogant-pig and Cycle.

What do you do when your rider has a name like this, or a one-letter name, such as M or O?

Bluto1899

Could you imagine if Uber let drivers do that?

I once picked up a guy whose name was listed as “A”. He was a pain in the ass but it was a short ride. I think you can pretty much judge who you’re going to be dealing with if they take the time to put a fake name in their profile. “Arrogant Pig” is getting a hard pass from me.

exSuperShuttle

Many things come to mind after a "ping"...
Pax name could be 1 of them
Neighborhood, time of day, day of week, date of the month (welfare checks), how far away, prospects of length of ride...

I avoid ghettos at all cost... I don't like feeling like a duck in a shooting gallery...

exSuperShuttle

There are some that are legit. Like Go Go Grandparent, or "Patient", which someone at good shepherd hospital uses to transport patients home. You can't always tell a book by its cover. Just try to use common sense
True dat... But I'll go ahead and ask the politically incorrect question...

What about "Deshaun", or "LaKisha" from the hood??? With a 4.53 rating???

UberBeemer

True dat... But I'll go ahead and ask the politically incorrect question...

What about "Deshaun", or "LaKisha" from the hood??? With a 4.53 rating???
Snoop and his buddy were in a low income area of Hanover Park. Had long billed monochrome baseball caps on sideways, dookie ropes, and big gold beltbuckles. They were very polite.

I guess i am saying, you never know at first glance, who is trouble and who is not.

If you feel unsafe for some reason, move on. Picking up someone that makes you uneasy will probably lead to your not being at your best anyway.

Ayao30

I picked up "Boogieman" once in Philly. He wasn't nearly as fun of a person as I thought he would be, especially since his rating was especially high. It was also awkward confirming their name when he got in.

MHR

Sláinte agus táinte y’all
^^^^It sucks when they don’t live up to their names. “Complex” was not complex at all, young ignorant white trash wanna be thug. “Santa” does not give presents and unfortunately or perhaps fortunately, I did not ask “Jesus H” if his last name was Christ.

All hype.

SuzeCB

Once a while I get Uber pings in New York, when I accept, a weird name pops up. The names I remember on top of my head are; Money, Miles, Cycle, Arrogant-pig. I picked up Money who was going to the Bronx and cancelled on Miles, Arrogant-pig and Cycle.

What do you do when your rider has a name like this, or a one-letter name, such as M or O?
You do know Miles is a real name, right?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DMV Driver Washington DC 13
Panjnyguy Advice 17
loophole Phoenix 24