1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Do not use taxi stands to pick up or drop passengers.

Discussion in 'Adelaide' started by everythingsuber, Jan 12, 2018.

1. everythingsuber

everythingsuber Well-Known Member

I have a couple of friends who have taken photos of Uber cars using taxi stands as pick up points for passengers. One at the Munno Para shops and another in Rundle St.

They sent them into the PTB and the PTB have confirmed both cars have been issued 183 dollar fines.

The point being taxi drivers can take photos of Uber on a taxi rank and and it is enough evidence get the the fines issued.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  2. ozziejoe

ozziejoe Member

OK thanks for the heads up.

3. Who is John Galt?

Who is John Galt? Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX

Well, I certainly hope in the interests of equality, inclusion, diversity and preciousness, that Über drivers are also able to forward photos of errant cabbies to the PTB, so that they may also be fined for their misdemeanours.

I don't know how many times a friend and I have gone to a favourite spot for a bit of high adrenaline, late night adventure, only to be disturbed by a bunch of bogan cabbies suddenly appearing and completely distroying the ambience and feelings of ardour by putting on a display of burnouts and donuts all around our car.

This sort of behaviour is unacceptable in anyone's language, and I would encourage the PTB to make a stand and really crack down on this riff-raff that has somehow infiltrated the ranks of Adelaide's finest and most upstanding cabbies who no longer need to do donuts around a carpark to prove how cool they are.

I expect that the PTB, would be impartial in issuing fines against all offenders and quite frankly, I think it is a good thing. I would especially like to see cabbies, Über drivers, chauffeuses (..swoon), and all other P2P drivers club together and do something about some of the bus drivers!

Dear Lord! What a bunch of arrogant knobs they are. I'm sure those drivers do not pass GO, without a very finely tuned death wish. Talk about a mission to destroy!

It think it is also important that as we drivers are actually doing the real gutsy, at the coal face work for the PTB, our efforts should be rewarded and we should be remunerated with at least, at the very minimum of 75% of the fine issued.

And of course it goes without saying, that the PTB should reward the photographic evidence with badgers. There could be different categories just like the Übes. They could have: most revealing, dangerous but exciting, was nice but messy and so many other types.

prk and ST DYMPHNA son like this.
  4. Syed Ali

Syed Ali Member

If uber drivers start following the current law (which no doubt is a joke) they wouldn’t be able to stop anywhere as they cannot stop at bus stops, taxi ranks, no parking, permit zone, no stopping, all what is left out is the parking for all cars which is usually filled up especially in the city. It means we cant bloody stop anywhere in the city. We cant say to the passenger your destination was hindley st but i’ll drop you off on grenfell as i cant see any parking. Not saying we should stop in any of the zones abover or we shouldn’t follow the law but law should be amended to allow ubers to atleast park somewhere just in the main streets in the city

Fat Lad and Who is John Galt? like this.
  5. itscalledDevon

itscalledDevon New Member

I drop pax a little further or a little earlier if I have to. (Using King William St for example) Before entering the city i explain to them that there isnt anywhere to stop legally on King William St and that i might have to go into a side street or turn down the next street to avoid getting a fine. Ive never had anyone complain or give a bad rating. In fact the opposite, most are sympathetic and say that they would hate for me to get a fine.
    Just explain it to the pax and they usually understand.

Ben Hall and ozziejoe like this.

6. Fat Lad

Fat Lad New Member

Wtf I wouldn't want to have been sat next to those two at school. Pair of fing snitches.

Who is John Galt? likes this.
  7. everythingsuber

everythingsuber Well-Known Member

It's not just 2 it's becoming a sport now they are getting written confirmation the fines are going out. It's one of the few things you can actually get the PTB to act on.

Ben Hall and Fat Lad like this.
  8. Fat Lad

Fat Lad New Member

Is this a case of the PTB looking to divide and conquer??

For me it seems totally irresponsible for a Govt agency to get involved in prosecuting on the evidence of a taxi driver against a competitor. (I use that word loosely, not wanting to get into an argument on another subject).

I'm not wanting come across as a soft arse but respect and understanding from both sides is the only way to go.

9. Ben Hall

Ben Hall Well-Known Member

Well I am sure what you are suggesting is being divided.

Taxis are regarded as an essential service, Uber X is not.
    Taxi rates/fares are set by the government. Uber X fares are not.

Uber is not competing on the same field so they do not get the same entitlements, Ranks are there for the exclusive use of cabs, and it has been this way for years. Stop or park in the taxi rank and suffer the consequences.

Bus drivers can and do photograph cars that stop in bus zones and then forward them on and fines are sent out.

this is the best thing to do.

Fat Lad likes this.
  10. Fat Lad

Fat Lad New Member

Maybe I should consider reporting minor traffic misdemeanours committed by taxi drivers, recorded on my dashcam to the authorities??????
    Nah I'm not that pathetic or a snitch.

11. Ben Hall

Cabs that perform traffic infringements are not impacting on your livelihood, uber drivers stopping in taxi ranks may effect theirs.

Seriously do you think as an uberX driver you should be able to pick up and drop off in taxi ranks?

12. Fat Lad

Fat Lad New Member

No I don't think uberx drivers should pick up or drop off at taxi ranks. I don't. But mistakes happen and that's my point. Drivers that do use taxi ranks need educating a friendly reminder will do. Taking photos is pretty sad.

13. Ben Hall

Being fined for stopping in a taxi rank is nothing new, all drivers should be aware of it.
    It is just like a bus stop, you don't do it.

Before the changes in legislation part of obtaining your driver accreditation was paying for and undertaking a driving test and attending a 1 day course to ensure new accreditation holders understood the rules and regulations.

14. Fat Lad

Fat Lad New Member

Wow all those taxi drivers out there have done a one day course and they still make the occasional mistake!!!!
    Course should have been longer

15. Ben Hall

So you cannot tell the difference between taxi accreditation and driver accreditation. mmmm sounds like you need the training

Fat Lad and everythingsuber like this.
  16. Fat Lad

Fat Lad New Member

Oh no. Please don't tell on me

17. Immoralized

Immoralized Well-Known Member

Taxi ranks are reserved for taxi use and bus stops are reserved for bus. In the middle of the night when buses are not operating I do pull in to them and drop off rider and move because i don't want said rider to get run over on the road.

Follow the road rules and don't worry about what anyone else is doing. I ask a traffic pig one time aka police. Why do you only go after some people that commit offences right in front of you and let a lot of people get away with it? She looked at me and said well I'm just one person and I can't get everyone. Those that I do get are the lucky ones :p

I'm an uber driver and if it a quiet night and I see an uber driver in a taxi rank i'll probably take a photo and send it in to authorities. Why? His my competitor :p It not just taxi drivers doing it. It driver on driver reporting each other in no stopping zones, ranks or whatever :D Fare is fare play the game don't hate the game and cry about it and be a little princess just because someone catches you out that trying to get you off the road so they can get more $$.

Had a taxi driver in front of me that was driving like he was drunk... Swerving across the road stopping and speeding up and generally just blocking the road and cutting me off. Might of been doing that on purpose :rolleyes: I had four heavily intoxicated bogans in my car at which point and at any point I could of cornered him with my car against the road and buildings so he couldn't move out and tell my highly aggressive bogan drunk passengers that was asking me to let them have it with that taxi driver....

Yeah some taxi drivers are complete jerk offs and they do crazy $h!t that can get them beaten to the inch of their life but I didn't need blood in my car that night or even fill out police reports so just calmed my overly enthusiastic drivers went opposite side of the road and overtook him... Thing is I get along with 95% of the taxi drivers just some that are a bit loose in the head. Same with uber drivers.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    Fat Lad likes this.
  18. tinymoon

tinymoon Active Member

Download SNAP SEND SOLVE from iPhone app store. I think Android has the same in its store.

It will be fun when Uber driver get ticket for using the phone while driving to take picture lol :)

19. Immoralized

Immoralized Well-Known Member

It a bit of late night entertainment playing ninja. I'll drive by park ahead "legally" get out walk back and snap photo and head back :p It going to set him back half a day work paying that fine. Level of enjoyment hitting someone pocket legally... You got to try it.

Pretty rare in my city where Uber drivers breaking road rules since the city jam pack over the weekend and goes slower than walking speed in which case people get in the car... or out of the car. Traveling down the road at about 1km an hour :p

Even in the non pack section can take 5-10 minutes just to cross 2-3km.

Fat Lad likes this.
  20. Manoj Dhungana

Manoj Dhungana New Member

Also issue of dropoff area in Adelaide Oval. IT is really hard to drop off during the game or special occasion. We need to contact uber or Who ever can arrange dropoff zone to all uber driver as we are providing services to customer. Because today I see alots of uber driver having fine due to drop off area. If we providing service then we need proper drop off area.
    Any body knows how can we do this ???

Fat Lad likes this.