• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Do NOT pick up street hails

Inshur

UberMD1989

I'm not going to lie. I won't even pick up passengers through apps in the Bronx after it starts getting dark. I damn sure wouldn't pick up a street hail. Look at this poor guy:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/uber-driver-expected-survive-bronx-robbery-23-article-1.3882000
This could happen to anyone - street hail or not. What's to say someone doesn't steal a wallet and phone and use the stolen credit cards to get lure rideshare drivers to rob them?

bradleyf81

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There's a lot less chance of that happening. The person who owned the cards would report them stolen and they would be shut down pretty quickly. Sure, it could happen, but when you pick up random people off the street there's a much greater chance of it happening. That's why yellow cabs put in those plexiglass walls between the front and back.

Rat

This could happen to anyone - street hail or not. What's to say someone doesn't steal a wallet and phone and use the stolen credit cards to get lure rideshare drivers to rob them?
Only fools carry more than gas money. Cab drivers get murdered all the time because they carry cash

Suism

Let's see here, no dash cam, no partition, and it's a street hail. It was bound to happen bro. Pretty much an easy lick. Always keep a dual dashcam

Frank Underwood