Do not pick her up

erkaxderka

So I began driving about 5 months ago. It's just something I do part time, but for the most part I haven'thad any major issues. Last week, however, I had to give a rider a 1 star for the first time. I have never given a rider anything other than 5 stars.
A night early in the week, I was giving rides around Richmond. It was kind of slow night, so I was cruising around some back roads in Richmond I had wound up at. I got a request to pick up at an apartment complex on Laburnum. I don't know if I'm allowed to say the specific address on here (first time forum user) but if you would like to know, then message me. It took me a couple minutes to find the right building number but even then, this lady still took her time getting to the car.
She said she wanted me to bring her to the Walgreens and back. That being my first time ever being asked to do a to and from trip, I said that I thought policy would be that she would have to order a second Uber to get picked up from it. She then said I was the first person to make her do that and she just changes the drop off address when she gets back in the car. I asked if that would account for the mileage to and from and she said yes, so I then obliged, explaining that I simply didn't know how it worked.
So she's in the Walgreens for about 15 minutes, at that point I am getting rather agitated considering I could be out making money instead of waiting on her for free. During my wait, just for giggles, I decided to take a peek at her rating. 4.29. The worst rating for a rider I have ever seen. So this was obviously not her first rodeo, and other drivers clearly did not enjoy bringing her from point A to B to C.
So she finally gets back in the car, case of bud light in one hand, a bag of god knows what in the other. She then has the nerve to ask if we can stop by the Burger King across the street. I was left speechless but of course, being the pushover I am and not wanting to compromise my rating, I agree to do it. I park in the parking lot, she gets out, comes back in shortly, and I knew it was coming... the dining room was closed... "we gotta go through the drive thru". By this point, I was suprised there wasn't steam coming from my ears. So we go through the drive thru, shes on the phone when we pull up and her window isnt even open, then gets off the phone and is one of those people yelling HELLOOO to the order taker like she was the one waiting on him. She then proceeds to order the whole menu. Being difficult too. "No I want 2 whopper juniors, not 2 cheeseburgers. Oh can you take that small fry off? 'What kind of drink for the combo?' Actually i dont really want the drink". Being a former Burger King employee as well, my blood was past boiling. If the bags there could fit the grand canyon... she would probably order it, then say she doesnt want it because its too dry, ask them to take it off and order the lost city of Atlantis instead. So we get to the window amd im trying to sneakily give the manager and cashier looks like "I don't know this lady, I swear. I'm just as pissed off as you are. Please save me". So I finally brought her home after the neverending trip. 39 minutes. She wasted 39 minutes of my time that I could be out picking up riders who don't abuse the system and actually use Uber for its intended purpose.
I thank anyone who took the time to read this whole thread, and hope that you heed my warning about this lady. Her name comes up as china, no capitalization. Unfortunately, due to Uber's new update, you will not see her name unless you accept the request. I have tried looking into filing formal complaints about riders but have not found such luck so far. If I do figure it out, I will keep you all posted!

tbob1

So I began driving about 5 months ago. It's just something I do part time, but for the most part I haven'thad any major issues. Last week, however, I had to give a rider a 1 star for the first time. I have never given a rider anything other than 5 stars.
A night early in the week, I was giving rides around Richmond. It was kind of slow night, so I was cruising around some back roads in Richmond I had wound up at. I got a request to pick up at an apartment complex on Laburnum. I don't know if I'm allowed to say the specific address on here (first time forum user) but if you would like to know, then message me. It took me a couple minutes to find the right building number but even then, this lady still took her time getting to the car.
She said she wanted me to bring her to the Walgreens and back. That being my first time ever being asked to do a to and from trip, I said that I thought policy would be that she would have to order a second Uber to get picked up from it. She then said I was the first person to make her do that and she just changes the drop off address when she gets back in the car. I asked if that would account for the mileage to and from and she said yes, so I then obliged, explaining that I simply didn't know how it worked.
So she's in the Walgreens for about 15 minutes, at that point I am getting rather agitated considering I could be out making money instead of waiting on her for free. During my wait, just for giggles, I decided to take a peek at her rating. 4.29. The worst rating for a rider I have ever seen. So this was obviously not her first rodeo, and other drivers clearly did not enjoy bringing her from point A to B to C.
So she finally gets back in the car, case of bud light in one hand, a bag of god knows what in the other. She then has the nerve to ask if we can stop by the Burger King across the street. I was left speechless but of course, being the pushover I am and not wanting to compromise my rating, I agree to do it. I park in the parking lot, she gets out, comes back in shortly, and I knew it was coming... the dining room was closed... "we gotta go through the drive thru". By this point, I was suprised there wasn't steam coming from my ears. So we go through the drive thru, shes on the phone when we pull up and her window isnt even open, then gets off the phone and is one of those people yelling HELLOOO to the order taker like she was the one waiting on him. She then proceeds to order the whole menu. Being difficult too. "No I want 2 whopper juniors, not 2 cheeseburgers. Oh can you take that small fry off? 'What kind of drink for the combo?' Actually i dont really want the drink". Being a former Burger King employee as well, my blood was past boiling. If the bags there could fit the grand canyon... she would probably order it, then say she doesnt want it because its too dry, ask them to take it off and order the lost city of Atlantis instead. So we get to the window amd im trying to sneakily give the manager and cashier looks like "I don't know this lady, I swear. I'm just as pissed off as you are. Please save me". So I finally brought her home after the neverending trip. 39 minutes. She wasted 39 minutes of my time that I could be out picking up riders who don't abuse the system and actually use Uber for its intended purpose.
I thank anyone who took the time to read this whole thread, and hope that you heed my warning about this lady. Her name comes up as china, no capitalization. Unfortunately, due to Uber's new update, you will not see her name unless you accept the request. I have tried looking into filing formal complaints about riders but have not found such luck so far. If I do figure it out, I will keep you all posted!
I tell them order another car when you're ready to go. Given the opportunity, they will abuse you. When they say the other driver does it, I tell them to get his/her phone#. I know exactly where you are talking about... Section 8 housing.

erkaxderka

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I tell them order another car when you're ready to go. Given the opportunity, they will abuse you. When they say the other driver does it, I tell them to get his/her phone#. I know exactly where you are talking about... Section 8 housing.
I had no idea it was Section 8. That would surely explain a lot! Thank you for the pointers though! If I do drive again, I'll be sure to do that should I run into the situation again. But given hearing of a recent gunpoint robbery of a Chesterfield driver, it's got me a little shaken up thinking about going back out there as a young unarmed female driver. I always carry pepper spray within arms reach when I drive but what will that do against a gun, you know?

rookie runner

I am a new driver myself for UBER as the name says and as of right now i will drive i nthe evenings during the week til dark and then on the weekend days and evenings. Still working the nerve up for the late runs...lol

Baltorious

I had a ride request today at a Walmart. When I got there, it was two ladies with overloaded carts (plural) and two little kids about 2-4 years old. I asked them if they had car seats for the kids and they said No but the Uber that brought them there didn't ask for them! I politely told them that I wasn't going to break the law and endanger their children and asked them to call another driver. What kind of greedy idiot do you have to be to cherish a $5 fare more than the safety of two babies? People are unbelievable!