Do Not Enter means do not enter

UberNLV

I picked a young guy up during the morning commute. Taking him to a building and from our direction of travel the gps tells me to take the second right hand entrance, passenger tells me it’s the first right hand entrance. Ok no problem I’m about to turn in until I see the Do Not Enter signs. So I don’t turn and continue to the second entrance.
“no it was that one” he tells me
i tell him it said do not enter
he replies I know but....
he didn’t give me a reason why I should have ignored the signs. He just got pissed off And exited the car in a huff. And I one starred him.

MikhailCA

I picked a young guy up during the morning commute. Taking him to a building and from our direction of travel the gps tells me to take the second right hand entrance, passenger tells me it’s the first right hand entrance. Ok no problem I’m about to turn in until I see the Do Not Enter signs. So I don’t turn and continue to the second entrance.
“no it was that one” he tells me
he didn’t give me a reason why I should have ignored the signs. He just got pissed off And exited the car in a huff. And I one starred him.
We all use do not enter “entrance” time to time cuz it will save some time for us, but this guy just not too smart enough to expect anything like that from completely stranger.

Another Uber Driver

".......right, Mister, and what comes out of your 'butt'? I will not risk a summons for current cab rates, what makes you think that I will risk one for stars and the garbage that Uber or :Lyft pay? If it is faster for you to walk the wrong way down a one way street, just have the driver discharge you at the corner in the future."

This must have been one of those guys who was used to riding with that mythical "All The Other Uber Drivers" of legend, song and story. Right, buster, they have ants for a reason. Let one of them get a summons.

I one starred him.

This is what I would have done.

I get this nonsense and similar all the time and have for years. I even have had people offer to pay the summons. I answer them that even if they did, which likely they would not, the points are non-transferrable. If you are going to drive for compensation, you do not need traffic points. You do not need them under any condition, mind you, but, it does go double for those who drive for compensation.

FLKeys

I like how PAX tell me to cut through parking lots to get there quicker. Sorry, I need to stay on the public roads. It is not saving them any money for me to take a short cut, that short cut only costs me money in less paid miles.

Boca Ratman

I like how PAX tell me to cut through parking lots to get there quicker. Sorry, I need to stay on the public roads. It is not saving them any money for me to take a short cut, that short cut only costs me money in less paid miles.
And, if there's a stop sign or traffic light can get you a ticket in FL.